C.C. Clothes

Guest killemducks

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jcoyle6

comfort band pants. cargo pants from someplace like Old Navy or Wal Mart. An Aloha shirt. Boot cut jeans ie Levis or carpenter jeans.

Friends don't let friends wear 5.11s off the range

Guest Grout

I am partial to Carhartt carpenter style pants.They are roomy and the side pockets are a great place to carry your knife.I pocket carry a great deal and the front pocket opening easy to get your hand in even with bear paws like mine.

Guest GLOCKGUY
comfort band pants. cargo pants from someplace like Old Navy or Wal Mart. An Aloha shirt. Boot cut jeans ie Levis or carpenter jeans.

Friends don't let friends wear 5.11s off the range

ya i geuss your right i did not think about wearing them off the ranges :)

Guest db99wj

I wear normal cloths, from shorts, usually cargo, and a tshirt, or jeans/cargo pants/kaki pants, all the way up to suit pants and a dress shirt. I don't wear a cover shirt. So if I am wearing a polo type shirt, a button down casual shirt or whatever, that is my CC gear. I guess my only limitation is if I tuck in a tshirt, that would be hard not to print, but If I am wearing a tshirt, it is not going to be tucked in usually. That is why I like the CTAC, I have options to blend in completely and not look out of place because I am trying to CC.

Guest canynracer
I wear normal cloths, from shorts, usually cargo, and a tshirt, or jeans/cargo pants/kaki pants, all the way up to suit pants and a dress shirt. I don't wear a cover shirt. So if I am wearing a polo type shirt, a button down casual shirt or whatever, that is my CC gear. I guess my only limitation is if I tuck in a tshirt, that would be hard not to print, but If I am wearing a tshirt, it is not going to be tucked in usually. That is why I like the CTAC, I have options to blend in completely and not look out of place because I am trying to CC.

you always look out of place...hehehehe

When I carry I often wear bike shorts, a bike jersey, bike shoes, a helmet, and bike gloves. Oh yeah, and a bicycle.

5.11 doesn't make any tactical bicycle clothing yet... but the market has doubled- there are two of us now.

Guest tadams
I am partial to Carhartt carpenter style pants.They are roomy and the side pockets are a great place to carry your knife.I pocket carry a great deal and the front pocket opening easy to get your hand in even with bear paws like mine.

I second that. I own 4 pairs.

Now the real question is what to do for summer carry, completely concealed? I'm on the look-out for a good pair of short pants. MallNinja.com doesn't carry my size :pleased:

Guest Halfpint

Same as everyone else has said--I'm partial to boot-cut jeans and lucky enough to be "between" shirt sizes, so I can carry and conceal anything I would want to. The nice cool TN weather means jeans year-round, cargo shorts are only useful for the short times I'm in TX.

I just don't see where the 5.11 looks much different from any other typical cargo pants. I highly doubt a criminal will say hey, now there's a guy in 5.11 tactical he's carrying a gun, shoot him first.

I say wear whatever is comfortable to you. IF you like cargo style pants wear that stuff. If you are not comfortable when carrying you are less likely to carry. People come up with wild extraneous scenarios in their heads for reasons to not wear or to wear this or that. Big whoop, wear what is comfortable and usually what conceals the best, though I wore in the open in Colorado for a couple of years as there wasn't a law for concealment.

Every person is built differently, big guys will have a harder time concealing and they may even at times wear, gasp a vest, oh my. your safety does not depend on others, it depends on you, the keys are great training and being aware, alert. That is what saves you, not the clothing you wear or don't.

Guest jcoyle6

The gig w/ 5.11 clothing is that it is worn A LOT by LEO people. Any criminal has at least seen a cop not in the usual uniform at least once. They notice what they wear. Anything that could remotely say polleece. Throw on a pair of khaki cargo pants, a tucked in glock t-shirt, and your favorite sidearm and you'll look kind of like an off duty cop. Stereotypical I know, but I'm just making some observations. Like when a crown vic's headlights shine in your rear view mirror at night you slow down a touch until you know if its a cop car, or grandpa going to taco bell for fourth meal. I am making some broad generalizations about dress, I would just try to stay away from the looking like the guy in a police supply catalog.