HK P2000sk 9mm thoughts?

Guest jkintn

Need opinions on HK P2000sk. I'm looking for a good EDC 9mm - very open to suggestions but ran across this gun used. Also considering Glock 19, Glock 26, S&W M&P9c, Ruger SR9c and LC9.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sk model is the super compact. I have heard good things about it but I use a Kahr PM9 for deep concealment and it has been stellar. If you are considering a G19 then go with the full size P2000. I have both the G19 and P2000 and MUCH prefer the H&K. This size weapon is concealable but you have to find the right holster. Appendix seems to work best for me.

The Kahr completely disappears in appendix carry even with a tight shirt. It can also be pocket carried. I will eventually pick up a P2000SK only because I love the current p2000. I have had both the LEM an SA/DA triggers and "I" prefer the SA/DA. That SA trigger pull is amazingly accurate.

The P2000sk is a great piece, I have a V3. It is only a sub-compact not super. I personally prefer to have da/sa instead of dao, I got mine new and I think OTD was $870.

There was a shop with a .40 on consignment for $700 about a month ago.

Also, I have a G26, G19, Kahr PM9 and LCP - the hk is between the size of the 26 & 19. Slightly thicker than the glocks because of the ambi slide stop.

I can snap a few pics of the comparison side by side if you want. If you can pick it up for a good price I wouldn't hesitate, mine has had 0 hiccups.

The P2000sk is a great piece, I have a V3. It is only a sub-compact not super. I personally prefer to have da/sa instead of dao, I got mine new and I think OTD was $870.

There was a shop with a .40 on consignment for $700 about a month ago.

Also, I have a G26, G19, Kahr PM9 and LCP - the hk is between the size of the 26 & 19. Slightly thicker than the glocks because of the ambi slide stop.

I can snap a few pics of the comparison side by side if you want. If you can pick it up for a good price I wouldn't hesitate, mine has had 0 hiccups.

yes - please post comparisons to G19 and G26 please! Thanks!

Guest twpayne75

My edc is a P2000 with light LEM. Cannot recommend HK enough. Normally carry in a Crossbreed type (Theis Holster). But for the last week or so I have been carrying in a Smartcarry appendix carry and like it. It replaced a Gen 4 G19 for daily carry. Love the LEM trigger.

My current problem is I have been looking at Walther PPQs and am dying to try one. But right now my finances won't allow for another gun purchase. So I may have to move the P2000 to get the PPQ. My only concern about that is I haven't decided how I would feel about carrying a PPQ appendix style. It's kind of nice to be able to put my thumb over the hammer while holstering, and the PPQ is getting known quick for it's excellent "light" trigger.

Have never shot or even held the P2000sk. But I have never seen where anyone has anything but praise for them. To me, the P2000 is the perfect size. (Glock 19 size) It's easily concealable and yet comfortable to shoot all day long. I have tried subcompacts before such as the Glock 26. But because they are just as thick as their bigger versions, I don't really find them that much easier to conceal. Which is why I usually stay with the standard compact size.

Edited by twpayne75
Guest twpayne75
What should I expect to pay for a used P2000 or P2000sk in good condition?

My LGS had an SK a month or so ago that looked great. They were asking $650 for it. Thought it was a great deal. But she told me someone already had her put it back for them. I think you should be able to pick one up in the low to mid $600s if you don't mind getting a used one, especially if some slight holster buff doesn't bother you. I would buy a used HK and not think twice about it. I think most people that would buy an HK would have enough sense not to tinker with them. Besides as of late all I have been seeing is excellent reviews for HKs customer service. They are actually pretty cheap on their in house work.

If I were going to price my P2000 now, I would probably ask about $625 with 4 magazines. Which I think is fair. And mine does have a little bit of holster wear, which to me just adds character. I stopped buying new guns (for the most part) awhile back. I can save quite a bit and don't have to worry about the dreaded first scratch. HKs look meaner with a little bit of use wear. :hiding:

And before anyone gets their panties in a wad, I am not trying to bypass the forum rules. I am a paying member and if I do decide to sell it I will post an add in the classifieds.

Edited by twpayne75
Found one for $550. Any way to tell how old it is? Looks good with little wear. Comes with 3 mags.

Whats the date code of it? It will have two letters to the left of the serial # on the slide, like AE or something.

Once you find the date code, you can figure out the year it was manufactured.

http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/k.asp

I wouldn't worry about how old it is as much as how many rounds. I wouldn't hesitate buying a used HK especially at that price.

Edited by sigbrown1297
Whats the date code of it? It will have two letters to the left of the serial # on the slide, like AE or something.

Once you find the date code, you can figure out the year it was manufactured.

http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/k.asp

I wouldn't worry about how old it is as much as how many rounds. I wouldn't hesitate buying a used HK especially at that price.

I'll have to go look at it again. I think it was either "AE" or "AF" for mfg in 2004 or 2005.

Guest twpayne75

I don't care when it was made, check the internals, if there is no significant sign of wear I would be all over it for that price.

I'm not in the market for one, but if one like that comes along, I might reconsider. If it's an LEM anyway.

I have the P2000SK in 357sig. that I carry and I can't say enough about how it shoots,I love it,the only flaw I have is the cost of the ammo(357sig)is'nt cheap to find and the selection is limited,that being said I use CORBON for carry loads and the H&K just eats them up with out a problem.$550 is a great price

• 2 weeks later...

I owned a P2000sk in 9mm in LEM. Loved the trigger pull and accuracy. It also held 10 rounds and grip was slim.

I bought mine used for $650 with 4 mags. I tried conceal carry but was too big/heavy for me. I sold it and went to the Kahr PM9 which

is very small/light and easy to conceal, but only 6+1 rounds.

Good luck with your choice, everyone is different, that is why there are 100's of guns to choose from.