Caracal at the range this morning.

Steelharp

Well, it's awesome. Plain and simple. It is one excellent shooter. And it feels like it's just never gonna run empty; like a Hollywood gun. 18 +1.

Ok, let me be specific. The sights; I never had a "straight 8" rig before, but when I first saw it, the concept made sense to me. I figured it would be easier to line up two objects top to bottom instead of three objects in a horizontal line. And that was exactly the case. I think every gun should sight this way.

The trigger; I've never shot a Steyer, but it looks exactly like that. Don't know what a Steyer feels like, but this one is butter smooth. Most comfortable. I like my Glock triggers, but this is better.

The grip is very slim, especially when you take into consideration there's a double stack 18 rd mag in there! How? I don't know. The contour just fell into my hand; very at home, like a CZ or BHP... but slimmer, and more comfortable.

One of the things that seems to be "do or die" for me is bore axis. It needs to be low, and this is probably as low as one can get. I've never understood the XD or SIG concept, like an over-under barrel configuration with the under barrel missing. There's just no reason (to me) for having a barrel that far elevated. FOR ME, it makes muzzle flip bad, and I don't like that. This Caracal is right down to the bottom. Excellent control.

Ran one 100 rd WWB through it, and had zero issues. First shot, just in the familiarization phase, dead center of the target. Granted, only five yds, but still I thought that was a good sign. Moved it out to 15 yds after 5 shots, and everything was staying in the center ring. With my eyes, and the corresponding blur of being 56, I was pleased!

FOR ME, this might be the best 9mm I've ever had. We'll see...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang it , just when you think you have every pistol you needed something else comes along and gets a rave review ......
This is definitely an interesting looking pistol. I haven't seen one around here yet, but now I'm looking forward to be able to check one out. I'll have to ask my LGS if they plan on carrying them.

Yeah, they didn't post my reply. I said (best as I can remember), "My. Wearing our arrogance on our sleeve, are we? I have one, and it's definitely not 'just another plastic pistol,' anymore than all the 'just another metal pistol' we've had for a century +. Perhaps they haven't paid their 'suck up to me fee' as yet?"

Yeah, they didn't post my reply. I said (best as I can remember), "My. Wearing our arrogance on our sleeve, are we? I have one, and it's definitely not 'just another plastic pistol,' anymore than all the 'just another metal pistol' we've had for a century +. Perhaps they haven't paid their 'suck up to me fee' as yet?"

Well, I read the GA article and the first three comments…what were they thinking? The $300.00 bit to be competitive and designed for a shoulder stock are complete non issues. If the pistol is of sufficient quality manufacture and reliability to actively compete with its competitors then the end decision is the consumer. Everything else is the manufacturer and distributor doing active marketing and product promotion to increase visibility and consumer interest. Pontificating your view or opinion is subjective and biased without substantive evidence to prove otherwise. I’m interested in seeing the sales numbers for this pistol over the next 12 months, which should prove the case.

Agreed , it was not a very nice write up , don't think they will be getting any free samples eh ?

Nope. No free samples. I really don't mind reading a review that provides information on what work's or doesn't work with a pistol. That's being unbiased and upfront with the reader, even pointing out a poor finish, gritty action or a set of sight's that are hard to use is being up front with the reader. Throwing in off the wall garbage comment's though is pretty lame. But then I can't abide by review's that alway's say how wonderful every gun tested is either, that doesn't alway's happen.

Edited by TNWNGR
Guest ddleatherworks

I have two of the of the quicksight F's and two of the quicksight C's. So far I've been impressed with both models accuracy is good and they are super reliable.

• Administrator

This thread has made me decide to go hunt one of these down and examine it closer. I'm a sucker for compact, high capacity 9mm handguns. I'm just not crazy about further padding the wallets of the Emirates any more than I already do with my gasoline addiction.