Anyone interested in helping a first timer assemble an AR-15 upper in or around knox?

Guest drewmsmith

Guest drewmsmith

I just finished building my first lower from a parts kit and stripped lower. Enjoyed myself plenty. I'm currently shopping for parts for the upper. I believe it's a bit harder to install than the lower and requires some special tools. I was wondering if one of you guys would be willing to assist me with tools and expertise on the assembly. You provide the know-how, I'll provide the beer.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest agt.dealer

dollar to dollar its best to just buy a good complete upper i think.like one from spikes tactical,i can get good prices on them or spikes parts if that helps any

Guest drewmsmith
dollar to dollar its best to just buy a good complete upper i think.like one from spikes tactical,i can get good prices on them or spikes parts if that helps any

I've been bouncing back and forth on this for a while now. If i didn't have anyone to assist me I would probably go this route, but I like the project work as much as I like shooting the complete project.

I've been trying to very frugal with my build thus far. I've done well I think, my completed lower with buffer tube was less than $150 including fees. I'll continue to shop around and see where to go from here.

Thanks

I've got the vice blocks, armorer's wrench, a punch set, and would be willing to help you out if you'd like. Although I don't have a vice. When I did my build at my dad's (before I bought him a new vice for christmas), we used some heavy clamps and clamped the vice blocks onto his work bench.