keltec sub 2000 review

Guest ochretoe

Guest ochretoe

Two weeks ago I picked up a sub 2000 in .40cal that would take my Glock 22 clips. I kinda lucked on to it. They have about a year waiting list around us. The LGS I went to had one that was ordered a year ago and the person who ordered it gave up on it. Anyway, it is a good shooter. I have run about 300 rounds thru it with no problems. Today I sighted it in using 158gr. winchester white box FMJ's, At 50yds it shot a little low and left. Once I got it as close as I could I tried my service ammo. 180gr.JHP. by Remington. They shot a lot better. I shot a group of 5 in a 4" target with 3 of them in a 2.5" group. The gun has ghost rings sorta. Adjust the front blade only and the rear sight is a little too big. For a quick sight and shoot gun it's really good. Overall I really like the gun and hope to get a lot of use out of it. I will carry it in my patrol vehicle but just as a plinker, not a service weapon. I can see tactical uses for it but with a max of 100yds for off hand shooting I don't see it being a go to gun when the SHTF. The folding feature makes it fit in my bug out bag really good though. It might make a good camping gun.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.