Ideas for Glock G36 holster

Guest harryjordan

Guest harryjordan

Picked up a g36 this weekend from a TGO member which was great experience. Now I need a holster for it. I carried a pistol in the military for years but always on a duty belt of some sort never concealed. So I have no experience with them at all. I have been to several gun stores in the area maybe I haven't been to the right one but most have either tried to sell me a cheap holster in stock or werent too helpful which im not trying to talk about them just maybe I caught them at a bad time. Nevertheless I rather get input from someone who carries one everyday. Price is not a issue. Also I would like something that works in both summer or winter. I always wear pants with a belt never sweats or whatever unless I'm on a jog. I have been looking at Galco but there is so many options and like buying shoes online you can't try em on. I'm sure it is all personal but i don't wanna spent 2k before I find my preferance. Thanks.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been carrying for a long time and have tried over a dozen holsters. I prefer a close riding holster that is owb, over everything else.

This is a Galco and by running the belt backwards it pulls it tighter to the body. It will not print even under a normal fit T shirt. This one is a long time favorite and cost about $50.

IMAG0187.jpg

I do like the $12 Glock Sport Holster as it does about the same thing. For a G36 get one for a 9mm/40sw/357. By far the best holster under $40.

P1010947.jpg

I have tried the Kholster and the Supertuck to decide I do not like IWB. The Kholster was a little more comfortable.

Edited by Patton

+1 for the Glock sport/combat holster. I've purchased a few of them. They conceal well and the only complaint you find is that the retention is too tight which leads some people to use the larger one for the smaller guns. Another solution is to spray just a little Armor All on the inside to slicken enough for a smoother draw. The Glock holster is definitely the best buy for the $$. I also have a Crossbreed Supertuck, a Galco Summer Comfort IWB and I just picked up a Don Hume simliar to the GALCO slide holster shown above. For me the CB supertuck is the most concealable holster, the Galco, is easier to take on and off and sometimes more comfortable, altough it is thicker so it's not more comfortable if the pants aren't roomy, and . Personally, I can't just use one type of holster, I've got to have different ones for different clothes. Sometimes I need a higher ride to conceal better owb. Sometimes a lower riding iwb like my Galco works better. I only carry one type of gun (Glock); in the same position (5:00); but, for me, I've found that the same holster doesn't always work for every clothing combination. If I were starting over, I'd buy the Glock sport/combat holster first.

They conceal well and the only complaint you find is that the retention is too tight which leads some people to use the larger one for the smaller guns. Another solution is to spray just a little Armor All on the inside to slicken enough for a smoother draw. .

I bet it's just right for a G36.