another biased anti gun hut piece from al jaretessean

Guest BungieCord

My pet myna bird nearly died from constipation before the vet discovered the cause of the problem. It's standards were too high to crap on the Tennessean.

I like Bill Bernstein, but why do the papers seem to have East Side (for pictures), Bufford Tune, and Uselton on speed dial for 2a related opinion and pictures? It's like using Apu down at the Kwik-E-Mart as an expert on mid east oil policy.

Even calling this issue the "gun show loophole" is biased. There is not now nor has there ever been a loophole.

More importantly, the facts (and we do have them) simply don't support the assertions that criminals are getting guns at gun shows and/or that they are getting them because of a lack of background checks on private sales or that these guns are ultimately getting used in crimes; yet none of that information gets mentioned; one that Mayor Bloomingidiot thinks this is a problem; I suppose because he's solved all of New York City's problems.

• Like 1
Even calling this issue the "gun show loophole" is biased. There is not now nor has there ever been a loophole....

Did you read the story? There is no mention of "gun show loophole" by Brian, or even anyone he quoted. This is a thread about his story.

Really, y'all should go over to main original thread. I for one am done in this one.

- OS

I often wonder if the anti's ever stop and think about the fact that they are poking the world's largest [but unorganized] armed militia?

Can you imagine if we could just rally around a leader? The second amendment's own Malcomx? I wonder what the left don't actively seek out and suppress or eliminate potential candidates. I can tell you, I would love NOTHING better than to have someone so outspoken for us to look to. It's a proven fact throughout history that NOTHING by way of peaceful or forceful change can be accomplished without a figure head for leadership. Someone who can demand that like minded people organize against opposition. Not a filthy politician or some religious leader but a man.

Pray to whatever god you kneel to or put up your best thoughts and wishes that we should be so lucky to get one. Am I the only one who thinks a leader who goes about business like a totalitarian but governs all by the Constitution and ONLY the constitution and anything contrary to the word for word amendments should be dealt with as severely as possible?

All this biased BS and hippy scum rhetoric in the media could be dealt with properly and I could actually pick up a paper and expect to hear real NEWS.

The Tennessean isn't fit to line the bottom of my parrot's cage.

I must be alone in thinking it was fairly balanced?

Both sides represented on the issue, pretty good synopsis of gun law trends in the US.

Included The Rabbi's statement against checks toward the end, from a dealer who admits he would increase income if they were required.

What was so biased? Did you expect Brian to simply flat out stump against background checks? Not even mention the pro-registration side's actions or points of view? Or what?

- OS

edit: NM, I see this was continued on the original main thread:

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handguns/67681-tennessean-private-sale-also-anyone-have-contact-bill-goodman-re-gun-show-13.html

I'm late to the party, but no, you are not alone. I often wonder how aware those who are so quick to point out bias in everything they see are of their own...

Guess I'm heading over to check out the other thread now. :)

I might rally around Chuck, but not around a draft dodger and poacher.

- OS

He wasn't drafted because he received an in-school deferment as did many young men of his age.

I don't have a problem with people who play by the rules as the rules existed at that time. Had he fled the country; then maybe the term draft dodger would apply but calling someone who went to school, even to avoid being drafted to fight in what I'm sure you know was a VERY controversial war is the same as calling a wealthy man, like Romney for example, a tax dodger simply because he uses the rules as they are written to not pay any more in taxes than the law requires.

I think we should save our disdain not for those who seek advantage by breaking the rules; not for those who follow the rules..just my humble opinion of course.

He wasn't drafted because he received an in-school deferment as did many young men of his age...

BS. By his own admission in newspaper interview, he went to physical, hadn't bathed in couple weeks, even to extent of having feces smell by defecating in pants, etc.

His two student deferments were BS too, as he was touring, doing also by his own admission 300 shows per year...etc. Finessed enrolling long enough to get them or somesuch.

The poaching incident he paid his way out of; hell, he did it on a show that aired. Of course, he runs a "shoot 'em through the fence" hunting preserve too.

Yeah, I'll rally around a guy like that.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

If you want to consider what he did (or didn't do) as "draft dodging" so be it...I don't see it that way. I don't really care if he showed up in a hoop skirt and high heal heals...either he qualified for deferment per the rules as they existed at the time or he didn't. He got the deferment which tells me he met the rules to get the deferment...that's the end of story for me.

The Vietnam war was unlike any other this country has ever engaged in and I fully understand why young men of that time didn't want to go. I reserve my distain for those who ran away; not for those who successfully used the rules to avoid going and I say that as someone who volunteered and enlisted while Nam was still going on.

Edited by RobertNashville