TWRA requesing public input for 2012-2013 hunting regs

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I suppose your correct. Look like the commisioners would be more accesable. I have trouble communicating with them.

Anyway thats how it is.

Maybe they wont ask for increase in fees this year.

Edited by jimic

I suppose your correct. Look like the commisioners would be more accesable. I have trouble communicating with them.

Anyway thats how it is.

Maybe they wont ask for increase in fees this year.

They are fairly accessible - Contact TWRA Commissioners . The few that are state employees can be looked up on the TN.gov directory for phone & email as well. Copy your correspondence to your local representative and senator. That gets their attention.

As far as fees, I turned 51, so sent in for my lifetime permit. My buddy paid out $200 ea for all his <3yrs grandspawn last Christmas.

Edited by R_Bert

What do you think about the sportsmen of Tennessees electing the commissioners ?

What is the age 51 lifetime permit ? Is this the lifetime sportsman or a senior permit?

I think that if the people of TN want it, then they will do it, but, the sportsmen would not elect commissioners; Rather everyone in TN would (sports/hunting minded or not). In the end, it would be just as politicized, if not more, like county commissioners.. It was that way before the current system, and old timers tell me that nowadays, despite problems, hunting, regs, and wildlife management are much improved compared to pre-TWRA & commission. I think we are able to accomplish more as a whole within the current system nudged along by our persistant persuasion of our legislators, TWRA management, and the governor.

I also think that faced with legislative wrath of this year, they are particularly receptive to ideas.

On fees, age 51is one of the price breaks in Lifetime licenses - http://www.state.tn....imelicense.html

Edited by R_Bert

I would like to see archery deer season run to the end of January or February. Arkansas has archery deer season run to the end of February with no problems. I would also like to see night hunting of coyotes.

I would like to see archery deer season run to the end of January or February. Arkansas has archery deer season run to the end of February with no problems.

Not likely now. Last year they changed the flow of the various weapons seasons to "avoid confusion". Now it's bow first, then muzzleloader, then gun. I doubt they are likely to throw an archery season on the back end again. Unfortunate for us archery hunters. I wasn't confused in the first place....

Not likely now. Last year they changed the flow of the various weapons seasons to "avoid confusion". Now it's bow first, then muzzleloader, then gun. I doubt they are likely to throw an archery season on the back end again. Unfortunate for us archery hunters. I wasn't confused in the first place....

?

Archery is legal for the entire statewide deer season, right ? (2011-2012 regs, page 28). Now, 2010-2011 *was* as you say.

Edited by R_Bert

?

Archery is legal for the entire statewide deer season, right ? (2011-2012 regs, page 28). Now, 2010-2011 *was* as you say.

Yes, as long as I can remember Archery has been legal during the entire season. It was the ML and Gun seasons that were turned on and off until the current year regulations. As a bow hunter, I always looked forward to those mid-season times when firearms were closed and only archery was open.

• 2 weeks later...

Its that time again!

Notice requesting public input for TWRA hunting regulations -

TWRA Requests Public Input for 2012-13 Hunting Regulations | TN.gov Newsroom

One more day for your opportunity to participate. I just sent mine in.

A few issues I commented on included -

• General commendations and kudos for the TWRA staff
  • Some thoughts on how to increase the quality and quantity of hunter participation
  • Some thoughts on how to simplify hunting regulations
  • Improving participation and access for Handicap, Wheelchair, and Disabled Vets,
  • Some technical and editorial comments
  • And of course, input directly associated with my own hunting experience and desires

I copied my input to my local legislators and the governor.

Like voting, If you choose not to participate, you have not because you ask not, and you have to endure what the rest of us suggest to the people in power. Although I am one small voice, I will note that several of my comments from last year were addressed in the current guide.