Tavor lives!!! Again...

Paletiger13

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested in the cost of one of these. Definitely would prefer one of those over an fs2000 as my first bullpup. Doubt I will have the funds for one either way this year, maybe a birthday present to myself next year though.....

I havnt prayed for it, but lots of wishes for it. I'm stoked no matter the cost. And it's not an AR

I know its not. But it can't do anything that an AR can't do either. And that makes it a luxury. I'm not knocking on the gun at all. I dig it. However, I can't personally justify the purchase of it unless it comes in under a grand.

I know its not. But it can't do anything that an AR can't do either. And that makes it a luxury. I'm not knocking on the gun at all. I dig it. However, I can't personally justify the purchase of it unless it comes in under a grand.

Runs ambidextrous, is much smaller without sacrificing barrel length, and is reliable. Nope, it's not an AR :)

Guest bkelm18

An AR can't do anything a Kel-Tec SU-16 can't do for hundreds less, so that makes an AR a luxury. :)

Don't care about ambidextrous either. I'm a righty. So thats not an issue. I'll give you the barrel length part though. Although, I don't expect that would ever be an issue in the way that I use an AR.

The SU16 seems to run about 500 bucks. I'm finishing an AR build right now that I have 500 bucks in. Seems like that point is moot.

Guest Lester Weevils

Looks very similar to AUG or MSAR STG, inside and outside. Maybe slightly shorter, dunno.

Except for possible price benefits or possibly lighter trigger or whatever, what would make the Tavor more attractive than an AUG or STG-556?

Am not criticizing the rifle. Just curious what is better about this one.

Looks very similar to AUG or MSAR STG, inside and outside. Maybe slightly shorter, dunno.

Except for possible price benefits or possibly lighter trigger or whatever, what would make the Tavor more attractive than an AUG or STG-556?

Am not criticizing the rifle. Just curious what is better about this one.

Actually they are nothing alike. As to why they are better? They are newer, and we can't have them! :)

My AR's are pretty reliable. I'll give you the other two, but you can't say AR's are not reliable.

So what was the gun the Israelis were using that they switched from citing amongst other things - desert reliability concerns? :)

Guest Lester Weevils
Actually they are nothing alike. As to why they are better? They are newer, and we can't have them! :)

Thanks Smith

New and unobtanium makes sense.

Maybe they are way different, but it shares the ambidextrous feature. About the same size and ergonomics as far as I could tell from the video. Bolt assembly didn't look radically different from the MSAR and comes out about the same way. MSAR trigger pack just slides out too, though it slides out from the back rather than the bottom.

Maybe even as different as a beretta 92 is different from a CZ75?

Ain't ragging on the Tavor. Was just curious. If the Tavor works as good or better but happened to be less expensive then that alone would be a big difference of course, even if they were otherwise identical.

Edited by Lester Weevils
Guest The Dude

i been wanting to get a good bullpup, but held out from getting the aug and the s2000 for this rifle. hopefully it wont be on the same price plane as the others. im also curious about the mags. if it takes standard stanag mags or something like the galil mags.

So what was the gun the Israelis were using that they switched from citing amongst other things - desert reliability concerns? :leaving:

what wars or service records can you sight to prove it is so much better in the desert. the israelis also believe the uzi is the ultimate sub gun to :)