Windham Weaponry?

Guest Huntaholic

Guest Huntaholic

Discuss please! Looking through some other options a FFL buddy of mine told me about today, I ran across these guns. I havent seen any of yall mention them, but the literature on them reads pretty good! Any opinions?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Huntaholic

I tried to do a cut and paste from their website, but it didnt work for some reason. In any case, if yall want to check out what Im talking about just put windham weaponry in your search engine and it will take you to their site. Seems pretty interesting to me! If youre a bushmaster fan, you really need to check them out and PLEASE let me know what you think! They are either going to be the next RRA, DPMS, etc.... OR a waste of my hard earned money! LOL No, I havent bought yet, Im still doing my homework and trying to learn all I can before taking the plunge.

I just now ran across them as well, a couple of AR platforms that seem to be just like every other AR platform. I think they must be a new company? The ones I saw were 2 versions of the same gun, one broken to meet CA rules and one regular gun.

Guest vthokies03

If you look at "the Team" you will notice most worked for bushmaster. Bushmaster closed the plant in Maine a little while ago. I am guessing (hints on the website) that these were the people that were downsized, and they decided to continue making ars under a new name.

Guest RobThatsMe

Here is a little history on them.

Since Windham Weaponry is a brand new manufacturer that has risen from the ashes of what was the manufacturing facility of Bushmaster Firearms, it seems only logical to begin by telling this story that fortunately has a happy ending.

In the beginning, Bushmaster Firearms International made their name as a well known maker of quality AR-15 type rifles owned by Richard Dyke. In 2006 he sold the company to Cerberus Capital Management, which in turn owned Freedom Group, which became Bushmaster's parent company that also owned other firearms manufacturer's including Remington and Marlin. Bushmaster production continued in Windham, Maine until March of 2011 when it was moved to Ilion, New York, to consolidate operations with other Freedom Group manufacturing. The facility in Windham was closed and the employees were laid off. Soon afterward Richard Dyke stepped back into the picture. He still owned the facility as he had been leasing it to Freedom Group since selling Bushmaster in 2006. He also had a 5 year non-compete agreement that was expiring soon. He must have felt as I do, that no one can make these rifles better than the folks in Windham, Maine so he decided to put another company together and put the workers back in business making these fine rifles. The new company was named Windham Weaponry and commenced manufacturing operations over the summer of 2011.