Breaking the rules, carry at work?

Guest pfries

Do you or would you  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Do you or would you

My only concern there is the state trampling your employer's rights to say what happens on their property.....

My vehicle stays my property even while on thier property. If the weapon is not handled and is properly stowed it should be a non issue IMO.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pfries,

If you're married I'd have a long pow wow with my wife, give her the pros and cons, then get her input before deciding what path to take. She may ultimately be the one who will have to deal with the consequences of any decision you make, either way.

Best of luck finding a new and safer job soon, bro.

Guest redbarron06
I work on a military installation daily. Policy does not allow uniformed or civilian personnel to carry concealed, except for gate guards and Military Police

Up until they changed the resturaunt law the policy didn't mean squat. I even talked to the head of security out there and showed him the AGs letter on it. He said it is what it is and all the security guards can do is hold it till you leave and write a letter to your CO. I asked my CO and he told me he had a gun in his car why shouldn't I.

A couple of years ago they made the mistake of trying to take a pistol off of one of our guys who was a LT with TSP and the leader of their Special Operations unit. He told them straight up, "you call your backup, I'll call mine"

I can't carry into work, but i have my gun in my vehicle. the boss knows and he don't care, my fellow employees know and they don't mind. I even have another fellow employee that has his HCP and he keeps his in his vehicle as well. Where i work, i'm not really worried about having to use mine, just when i go out for lunch or after work i might.

Your life is more important than money, even though times are tough these days.

I am fortunate enough to be able to carry at work. I was an OTR truck driver for the last 5 years and they had a policy against it but the company (1 man) that I work for now is a gun owner himself and just recently got his carry permit. So now I wear it from the time I get dressed in the morning till I come home. My onion, I would carry but deep conceal. No job is worth your life.

My only concern there is the state trampling your employer's rights to say what happens on their property.....

I have to agree with you here, but only in the strictest sense.

The state should never have been allowed to trample on anyone's private property rights, unless they create a nuisance or hazard to others. Unfortunately, they've already tumbled nearly to the bottom of this slippery slope with policies like imminent domain.

This creates one of those all too familiar conditions where a precedence to tell us what we can/cannot do has already been established and abused. I wouldn't want to further abuse those precedents, even though I don't "totally" agree that a law giving me the right to keep a firearm in my vehicle while at work is a such an egregious violation of my employer's private property rights.

My vehicle is my private property too, however, I see that their property rights should probably trump mine in this case.

Edited by BigK
My cousin worked for Mr Zip conv stores a few years ago as the manager of the store on Shallowford Rd store in Chatt. A bad guy came in, pulled a gun and demanded cash. My cousin caught him off guard, took the gun away from him and broke his arm. Mr Zip fired him...didn't follow company policy....and the bad guy sued Mr Zip and my cousin. The robber used the footage from the store security camera as evidence and won a civil case against Mr Zip and a separate case against my cousin. Mr Zip provided no legal assistance to my cousin.

Only pull the weapon if you have to and know that it is your last day at work.....but still better than your last day on earth.

A shining example of how we have a legal system, rather than a justice system. I'll remember to never buy gas at a Mr. Zip.

Up until they changed the resturaunt law the policy didn't mean squat. I even talked to the head of security out there and showed him the AGs letter on it. He said it is what it is and all the security guards can do is hold it till you leave and write a letter to your CO. I asked my CO and he told me he had a gun in his car why shouldn't I.

A couple of years ago they made the mistake of trying to take a pistol off of one of our guys who was a LT with TSP and the leader of their Special Operations unit. He told them straight up, "you call your backup, I'll call mine"

Just out of curiosity, what military installation is in that area and is it Federal Property. Cause when i see Intallation i think federal property. In which case concealed carry on the base would be more than just a breach of policy it would be a criminal offense.

Guest TNcumminsGUY

I always kept it in my car at work and my boss knew and didn't care. I worked in the winery sometimes so I wasn't even sure If I could carry in there. We had a guy on the campus that was OC, seemed to phase the tourists badly and my boss came up and asked me if I had mine on me. Said no figured you didn't want me to bring it in here

A shining example of how we have a legal system, rather than a justice system. I'll remember to never buy gas at a Mr. Zip.

Yeah this. I'm definitely going to avoid Mr. Zip from now on, even tho its the closest gas station to my house.