TEBOWIE

Guest dubaholic2

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TNcumminsGUY
I find it even funnier that people are offended at Tebow's faith, yet they claim to know what Jesus thinks about it.

Funny stuff.

x2 S^%t is getting old, who cares if he likes to pray? Better than having illegal dog fights, shooting up strip clubs, killing his wife, getting shot by one of his many boo's, or stabbing a guy in ATL. Is our society that offended by god now?

x2 S^%t is getting old, who cares if he likes to pray? Better than having illegal dog fights, shooting up strip clubs, killing his wife, getting shot by one of his many boo's, or stabbing a guy in ATL. Is our society that offended by god now?
Salt burns when rubbed in a wound. Edited by gnmwilliams

I compare it to being in a social setting where there is booze, and someone offers you something and you say "no, thanks. I don't drink". Then they get all butt hurt because they think you're being holier than thou.

Sounds like there are a lot of people who are truly threatened by a good man living out his faith.

It was a funny skit. I have to remember which religions are hands off. Discard everything except Christianity and the jury is still out on Mormonism. Are we still trying to decide how we feel about Gods wife the heavenly mother and the magic drawers? Let me know so that I can stay in line.

Guest mustangdave

You may be on to something here...and I agree...this really getting old....LOL...looking forward to some good old fashion OLD TESTIMENT Wrath of God destruction to come down....then we'll see whose praying...and for what...

...looking forward to some good old fashion OLD TESTIMENT Wrath of God destruction to come down....

Me too. You can kill most anyone under OT justice. Fortunately, misspelling Old Testament isn't among them AFAIK.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest airborne1525
Thats funny I dont care who you are, "Dont you know Sunday is my day of rest tebowww." :D

Truthfully, the Sabbath is the day set aside for rest. If you want to get real truthful about it, that would be on Saturday.

So do we get legalistic and say you have to rest on Sunday or Saturday or do we look at the grace that God provided us a day to rest cause he knew we needed it. Should all firefighters and police officers take those days off as well??

Guest lostpass

Pretty funny I would opine.

I'm all for Tebow Tebowing and so forth, the guy is free to spread his message all he wants. But he is also a public figure and if people want to poke a little fun at it it should come as no surprise.

In other words: Tebow being Tebow is cool. Making fun of Tebow is also cool.

As for the sabbath and all that... Well, I used to believe in that stuff and then I stopped. Then I thought about it a little. I figured that the strict Jews took off saturday, hell they hire people to run an elevator for them so they won't work, I should take off Saturday. But the Christians say you shouldn't work on Sunday. I didn't want to offend them so I decided not to work on Sunday. Then I read about all the problems with the calendar over the years. Leap years, leap seconds and so forth. I deeded that even though I don't believe in God I better not piss him off. So I just stopped working all together.

My new goal is to get as fat as Jabba the hut.

I love Jesus.

I hope Tebow has a long career and makes the hall of fame. I support his right to his faith and I think the media is desperate to make a big deal out it. Guns and Religion make the news every time.

I think the Fallon skit is funny too.

• 3 weeks later...

The quarterback also displayed his sense of humor during the interview. In January, Fallon portrayed a character called "Tebowie" – a cross between musician David Bowie and Tebow – on the show. While wearing a mullet wig, football shoulder pads and face paint, Fallon used the melody to Bowie's hit song "Space Oddity" and changed the lyrics to poke fun at both Tebow's play and his faith.

During Thursday's interview, Fallon stated that he never meant for the song to be offensive, but Tebow said he had one complaint about it.

"The only thing that was kind of messed up about it was, I mean, you were a little bit off-tune and a little pitchy," said Tebow, which brought about a roar of laughter from the audience.

:rolleyes:

Tim Tebow Tells Jimmy Fallon 'Tebowing' Trend Is Flattering, Christian News