Anybody with a Sig Sauer C3?

Guest Miracle

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Miracle
very nice!! Are you going to carry it with that holster? I'm curious of the cover garment (assuming you CC)

I will CC it, and every day as well. I have plenty of regular shirts that are just longer than waist length, more like hip length that I wear, that cover the gun very well. I also have a Crossbreed holster as well, so concealment won't be an issue, with either holster really. I have yet to try it on with the CB holster though.

Funny you should post now, I was out this weekend looking at one. But by the time I were to add night sights and an Ambi saftey it would cost as much as a Kimber so I am now looking at another Kimber instead.

Mine came with night sights from the factory...? I think they all do, if I'm not mistaken. Now the Ambi safety isn't an issue for me (I'm normal... LOL), but I could see where that would be a hindrance. But yeah... mine came factory equipped with Trijicon's.

Guest Miracle

I see... maybe my dealer added them between when he got the gun from Sig, and when I came in. But yeah... mine is never-been-shot new, and it has night sights on it. Weird.

But I can't wait to see how this thing feels when it's rather deeply concealed in a crossbreed.

Guest msparks

I've been carrying mine since early December.

It shoots good and looks great. Also got a custom made Tauris Holster for it. Tauris Holsters, L.L.C. - Custom Leather

Nice Guy to work with. He made it within 2 weeks. I wanted a loop that was adjustable as sometimes I will carry appendix or 4 o'clock. So one holster does it all, he actually put the loop on a swivel. Give Mike a Call.

IMG3900-M.jpg

Guest msparks
Very nice grips there, sparky. They sure would look great on my RCS! What are they?

First set is VZ ETC (Elite Tactical Carry) They are the slim line and work great. Though not so good for IWB in the summer. The Textures rubs me too much. Therefore I bought the VZ 320's which don't have any checkering but are still plenty grip. Those are also in the slim line.

I'm using the ETC's for winter as I always have a tucked T-**** with an over shirt or sweater. I plan on going with the 320's when it gets warmer.

Guest bkelm18
Finally got this thing to the range... had several of these... what would cause this?

a6c3d7fa-c6b7-8fa7.jpg

I'd say mags account for the majority of feeding issues in a 1911. How many different magazines did you use and did it occur with all of them?

Guest Miracle

5 Different mags, 2 of them being the OEM Sig mags, 2 being the Chip McCormick Power 10+ 10 rounders, and another Chip McCormick shooting star mag.

It would only malfunction on the 2 10 round mags for some reason. It misfed (stovepiped, like in the photo) 2 times, and the slide would just BARELY lock back on the 2 10 round mags, 6 pr 7 times even with more rounds still in the magazine.

• 5 months later...
Guest rolltiderocky

I am an old Marine, and career Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor. Until recently, I had fired almost every 1911 out there,with the exception of the Sig. My oldest son bought one a few months ago, and we headed to the range...ordered mine later that day...

I have had my C3 for a couple of months now and It runs flawlessly---with the Sig Mags!! My oldest son's runs perfectly as well, again with the Sig Mags. I have fired several "quality" loads through it, and it has handled them all.

We had both tried the Chip McCormick "power mags", and could not get them to perform in the C3. These guns seem to like the follower of the Sig Mags as opposed to anything else that we have tried.

My younger son has ordered his C3 after firing ours, and has chosen to order one for himself, as opposed to the Kimber he had originally chosen.

• 2 weeks later...