This reminds me of Australia and England and maybe coming to an area near you soon:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not putting PD or Sherrif's office down, but they can't always be there when you need them. There's not a cop on every street corner. They respond as quickly as they can but if it takes them ten minutes to respond to the report of a crime, well a lot can happen in ten minutes.

Thankfully, I have no reason to ever be in the state of Massachusetts. Thank you Lord.

American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

LE has no legal obligation to protect individuals. And this has been played out time and time again in the courts. It has even been upheld by the US Supreme court. (Warren v. District of Columbia).

For this reason I view my family's protection as a personal responsibility. After all no one is going to protect my family with the same steadfastness as I would.

I have had to take their protection very seriously in the past when I had to protect my family and I against a drug crazed meth, oxy, MJ and crack user who had intentions of killing us. The local sheriff called and informed me to close the curtains and stay inside my house. After receiving the call I did not stand by and wait for the police to protect me. I gathered a small arsenal of loaded weapons for my wife and I to use as we waited for what seemed like an eternity. Turned out my brother, after assaulting our mother, grabbed a loaded AK47 with intent on killing my family and I. The police sirens made him run into the woods rather than come to my house. It was a very stressful day but without a doubt him being my brother would have no bearing on me protecting my family. We had a SWAT team in a creek bed in front of our house to protect us but not in the begining.

He cleaned himself up for a few months but was arrested a few weeks ago for again assaulting our mother. He went to jail but is out again and living with them again. I have tried to protect them from my brother but the last time I even got involved my father threatened to kill my family and I. So they can sleep in the bed they have made for themselves. They continue to buy him his drugs, give him money for drugs and alcohol as well as make excuses for him. They have driven away two children and two grandchildren because we will not be a party to the illegal activities.

I am dreading the call when he finally kills our parents but as I said I will no longer be involved.

Dolomite

good movie though

Yeah, seen it twice. Mel has done some fine work through the years; I'm able to separate the artist from their personal/political life. Hell, Apocalypto alone is a lifetime achievement if he'd never done anything else.

- OS