Choosing CCW

TeamJackson

Guest Geigeroo

Of all the reviews I've seen, it seems sr9c is the way to go... At least for me. Based on price, reliability and accuracy. There are better guns but not in my budget.

Guest bkelm18

Give the M&Pc a try. I'm a huge fan of the M&P line. I don't do Taurus anymore after a sour experience. XDs are good guns as well. Whichever suits you best is the one you should go with.

Guest mlcompound

I absolutely love my m&p9c. Over a thousand rounds without a single failure, yet. I am also interested in the Bersa Thunder .380 for my wife. I was wondering how reliable they are.

Sent from HTC Evo 4G via Tapatalk.

my wife had the 709 for a few years. It never gave any trouble and is smaller than the others in most dimensions, and it is extra thin. It is a great choice for a smaller gun, however you do tend to sacrifice some things when you are only looking at size. For the 709, it was a little snappier on the recoil than you might like and our example was not very accurate. It was fine for carry, but not much on the range, in other words.

Guest RichieRich

I love my XD 9mm SC. Have about 1500 rounds through it, without a glitch, except when I buy cheap Russian crap ammo. For carry, it's good, but I went for a while to a 380 LCP, and for a long time now, am a big fan of 38 snubbie wheel guns. My S&W 442 goes with me everywhere now.

Obviously, you need to use what works for you, but think about a revolver as a really reliable pocket carry option.

Regarding the Bersa pistol's, they're priced right and work well but don't look cutting edge style wise. That said though they have a new poly framed 9x19 pistol that is a leap in the right direction and worth looking at.

As to the pistol's the OP asked about I'd come closer to recommending the Ruger as well but only based upon observations of the pistol. What I know for a fact work great are the M&P9 & 9c and the Glock 19/23/26/27. All of these have been fantastic pistol's to shoot, carry and train with.

Guest drwright6

If you haven't looked at the Beretta PX4 Compact, you should. 15+1 and a 3.2 inch barrel. It's not as bulky as the sub and a good bit smaller than the full. It's easy to conceal and feels great. Awesome gun

Being that your so concearned for a safety feature how about a LC9 with a mag safety. If you needed to you could keep a round in the chamber and remove the mag to keep the kids safe. Im a firm believer in always having the gun either on me or somewhere kids cant reach it anyway.

Guest msparks

I like the idea of the same gun in a smaller package.

I have a Glock 26 and a 17. I can use the larger mags in my 26. Also the guns feel the same so when I shoot, my accuracy isn't thrown off. I can shoot the 26 almost as good as the 17.

So if I had an XD 4", I would buy the same gun in a 3" and call it a day!