Saiga 12 FCG conversion

Guest Smith653

Guest Smith653

Does anyone know where I can get the fire control group moved forward on my Saiga 12 around Knox or surrounding counties? I did some research on the internet and dont know if i want to tackle this one on my own. I just recently got my slidefire stock for the AK and was wanting to try it on my Saiga, but it wont work unless the FCG is moved forward. any information would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want I will help you. I did mine in about an hour. As long as you have all the parts for the conversion I don't mind helping you do it yourself.

You can buy the kit to do the conversion for $150 from Carolina Shooter Supply. It will have everything you need to do the conversion and I will provide the tools and knowledge.

Dolomite

Carolina shooting supply is where i bought all my stuff also. If you can use a drill , you can do it. just watch some utube videos on it first. very simple and satisfying. Carolina shooting supply website has links on videos on how to do it.

Next one I do I will grind my rivets out. Sometimes getting the drill bit centered can be a pain. But in the end it is a easy conversion any way you do it.

You have to realize the receivers started life as a regular AK receiver with all the proper holes and cutouts. For importation they covered them. It is just a matter of exposing the holes and cutouts once again.

And now that I have one under my belt I bet I could do it in under an hour and probably under 45 minutes.

Dolomite

Guest bkelm18
Next one I do I will grind my rivets out. Sometimes getting the drill bit centered can be a pain. But in the end it is a easy conversion any way you do it.

You have to realize the receivers started life as a regular AK receiver with all the proper holes and cutouts. For importation they covered them. It is just a matter of exposing the holes and cutouts once again.

And now that I have one under my belt I bet I could do it in under an hour and probably under 45 minutes.

Dolomite

The rivets are the hardest part by far. I've done three of them.

Guest Smith653

IAppreciate the info guys. I did watch the youtube vids of carolina shooters and just like you said, they are very informative. I think I will place an order with them, and if it will be ok Doomlite, I will give you a PM when I get ready. I'm off on weekends and useally one or two days during the week, so I will check with you when I get the parts in. Again, thanks everyone.

IAppreciate the info guys. I did watch the youtube vids of carolina shooters and just like you said, they are very informative. I think I will place an order with them, and if it will be ok Doomlite, I will give you a PM when I get ready. I'm off on weekends and useally one or two days during the week, so I will check with you when I get the parts in. Again, thanks everyone.

Not a problem.

As long as I am feeling alright.

Dolomite