Chinese Ammunition – Disarming Americans One Gun At A Time

Guest BobPayne44

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be willing to be it is a handload that is way too hot. The fired round exceeded the cylinder's ability to maintain its integrity. As the fired cylinder failed the flame front moved into the adjacent cylinders, igniting those which were also loaded too hot. A barrel obstruction would not cause this type of destruction.

It, without a doubt, was not Chinese ammunition. How do I know?

Because it is against federal law to import any ammunition made in China. That law went into effect at the same time the importation of military style rifles and handguns from China took effect in 1994. Then before the expiration of the AWB in 2004 China/Norinco was found to be in violation of a missile proliferation order so Bush banned the import of Chinese/Norinco made assault weapons and ammunition. So long as China/Norinco are in violation of the missile proliferation order importing Chinese ammunition, pistols and military style weapons are prohibited.

Here are the details of that importation ban:

The Nonproliferation brochure has been changed by the deletion of NORINCO/North China Industries Corporation from the list of foreign persons designated by the Secretary of State as subject to an import ban pursuant to Executive Order 12938 of November 14, 1994, as amended by Executive Order 13094 of July 28, 1998.

On May 23, 2003, the Secretary of State determined that NORINCO/North China Industries Corporation had engaged in missile technology proliferation activities and imposed measures on NORINCO/North China Industries Corporation pursuant to Executive Order 12938, as amended, including a two-year ban on the importation into the United States of goods, technology or services produced or provided by NORINCO/North China Industries Corporation, its subunits and successors. This import ban was implemented by Treasury Department's Weapons of Mass Destruction Trade Control Regulations, 31 CFR Part 539 (the WMD Regulations).

To reflect the expiration of the two-year import ban imposed on NORINCO/North China Industries Corporation by the May 23, 2003 determination by the Secretary of State, NORINCO/North China Industries Corporation has been deleted from the Nonproliferation brochure's list of foreign persons designated pursuant to Executive Order 12938, as amended. Accordingly, imports from NORINCO/North China Industries Corporation are no longer subject to the prohibitions in Treasury's WMD Regulations. These imports, however, remain subject to all other applicable laws and regulations, including a two-year ban on the importation of products produced by NORINCO/North China Industries Corporation, its subunits and successors that was imposed by the Secretary of State on September 19, 2003, pursuant to section 73(a)(1) of the Arms Export Control Act and section 11B(:D(1) of the Export Administration Act of 1979, as amended (as carried out under Executive Order 13222).

Recent OFAC Actions

And this is the missile proliferation order they are in violation of:

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Documents/fr68_28314.pdf

Has to do with their proliferation of banned missile development.

Canada imports Chinese/Norinco weapons and the prices are pretty amazing. The selection is also amazing. Look at what we could have access to if the ban was lifted:

Marstar Canada: Classic Collectible Militaria Since 1985

Dolomite

I would realy, really like to try one of these pistols:

Marstar Canada: Norinco PRC Series Handguns

Or here are some of the other styles they import:

Marstar Canada: Norinco Handguns Index Page

Or a $429 copy of the M-14:

Marstar Canada: Norinco M-14S 'GI Rifle' 7.62x51mm Semi-Auto Rifle

Or a $189 SKS:

Marstar Canada: Chinese Military SKS 'Type 56' 7.62x39mm Semi-Auto Rifle

We, as a country, buy cheap Chinese products yet we can't get their firearms imported. I bet China has no clue how much money is in the gun trade, especially reasonably priced guns. Norinco 1911's were once, and to some still are, sought after to build on. I remember a time, the 90's, when smiths would pick a Norinco over a Springfield to build.

Dolomite

I'm thinkin' you can blow up any headstamp you want with a double charge

Yessir! One thing don't like about 45 colt that I load: I could easily fit a TRIPLE charge in there. I did it to see what it looks like. Before loading I always double a charge one case and stare at it to get it in my head what to watch for. Then I pay close attention to each and every one. For this cartridge and any others I ever load where a double charge is possible I weigh each charge and seat the bullet on the spot. No filling a tray full of cases first like I normally do. Even in the Blackhawk I shoot them in [which is a friggin tank] it's a game you don't ever wanna play.

I would be willing to be it is a handload that is way too hot. The fired round exceeded the cylinder's ability to maintain its integrity. As the fired cylinder failed the flame front moved into the adjacent cylinders, igniting those which were also loaded too hot. A barrel obstruction would not cause this type of destruction.

I saw a .44 Mag in a shop display case years ago that had been fired with a barrel obstruction caused by a reload with either no powder or insufficient powder. The next round hit the obsruction and the barrel did the classic cartoon banana peel split and curl. Must have left a mark on the guy's wrist.

I saw a .44 Mag in a shop display case years ago that had been fired with a barrel obstruction caused by a reload with either no powder or insufficient powder. The next round hit the obsruction and the barrel did the classic cartoon banana peel split and curl. Must have left a mark on the guy's wrist.

That was what I was alluding to. A barrel obstruction would have resulted in some sort of damage to the barrel but in this case there was none. In my eyes that leaves the only other option which is a round way too hot for the gun.

Dolomite