Another arrest in NY forCCW holder, this time a former Marine

Interesting video and circumstances this time

Former Marine Faces Charges for Gun Possession in NYC - Fox News Video - Fox News

Upon watching this video the 2nd time, the guy accessed a site, which they show a screen shot of, which appears to list states beside NY, which includes TN, but without seeing the entire site it's hard to tell where he got this bad information.

What's also interesting is the woman conducting this video interview is a former judge and prosecutor.

Edited by BlackHawk93
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The screenshot is from www.handgunlaw.us which is a pretty reliable site. The screenshot that they show indicates that it's not legal with the Indiana permit in NY, which pretty much everyone in the world knows... well, except for this guy and that lady from TN in the last few weeks too.

I feel bad for him because he was a Marine and I doubt he had any malicious intent, but knowing the legalities of carrying a firearm are an individual responsibility. Here's the link to the Indiana page on handgunlaw's website which is clear as day.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/indiana.pdf

ETA: Here's the exact chart that they flashed on the screen.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USReciprocity.pdf

Edited by rgaper
add link
Guest peacexxl

As wrong headed and backwards as the gun laws are in NY, the are not complicated or hard to understand. Was this intentional to bring light to the issue of 2A or is this guy just clueless?

As wrong headed and backwards as the gun laws are in NY, the are not complicated or hard to understand. Was this intentional to bring light to the issue of 2A or is this guy just clueless?

My guess is he misunderstood the chart and looked up NY on the left and saw IA or ID and thought that meant they recognized the permit. Since A: that's backwards, ie that means they honor NY permits and B: Indiana is IN I believe....

Guest dubaholic2

i dont see how he could mistakenly believe that he could carry a gun there legally, but i have to say i really like the stance of the news anchor.

Guest ArmaDeFuego

If they let the Flea Party infest Zuccotti Park for months & months because they hold the First Amendment so dear, why do they do everything they can to crap on the Second?

This is b.s. This is a technical "crime", similar to a non-moving violation in auto and traffic law. The man was not using the gun in a criminal act, it was merely a "possession" issue. I bet NY doles out slaps on the wrist for actual possession of drugs, but they feel the need to hang this guy. Bernie Goetz for President!

I read today that in New York City, felony gun charges have been dropped against Tea Party Patriots co-founder Mark Meckler, who agreed on Thursday to plead guilty to a lesser charge of disorderly conduct and pay a fine. They are goning to keep his gun. They do that in Tennessee too even if charges are dismissed in court.

Now what about the former Marine and the Nurse from Tennessee?