Guess it was going to happen just didnt think this soon.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got pulled over in Georgia at 2am when I was going to NOPI last year. 80 in a 60 in my Supra. Gave the cop my sad story about getting lost because the idiots I was following didnt really know where they were going and telling him how tired I was. Let him know I had a firearm in the hatch he said "cool" told me to slow it down and have a good night. No ticket. Most of the LEO's I have run into have been very professional and courteous as long as I was too.

Oh great. My son gets his license in 2 weeks and I hope thats not an indication of what will happen to him cause guess what he'll be driving?

IMG_1103.jpg

I payed $2k a year for a 4-cyl S10, I would hate to see what the insurance on a 300HP Z would be for a 16-year old. Hell I pay enough on a 16-year old car with a V8 at almost 30. :popcorn:

Guest .45Jon

I just got stopped yesterday for the first time in a while and first since i had my HCP...I had my piece sitting on the passenger seat openly which I hardly ever do and the LEO walked up to the pass window and I said Hello and she said Hi back, and as she looked down I said "I have my HCP and i'm armed" and she replied "I see that"...took my information went back to the car to run it through and that was that I was very pleased.

I always do the hands on the wheel thing just to make things go smoother I guess.

Guest .45Jon
Monkey + dynamite + matches = ??

Go figure. I am not dead. I did have a blow out at 135 mph once-- that was exciting.

WOW...:popcorn:

LoL

Guest TNDixieGirl
I payed $2k a year for a 4-cyl S10, I would hate to see what the insurance on a 300HP Z would be for a 16-year old. Hell I pay enough on a 16-year old car with a V8 at almost 30. :popcorn:

Actually, he works during the summer and is paying for his own insurance. It's not near as bad as I thought it would be.

Guest jackdog

:eek:knock on wood, I've been stopped a few times since I started carrying and no tickets yet. Seems we get talkin about guns instead.:popcorn:

Guest GUTTERbOY
The hands on the wheel thing does seem to put them at ease,but I always take it a step further and turn the car off

I take it another step further and put the keys on the dashboard. This doesn't really apply to me any more, though, as the ignition cylinder in my Bronco recently developed the ability to turn without needing the key. So I just unlock the door and put my keys back in my pocket.

:popcorn:

Guest .45Jon
The hands on the wheel thing does seem to put them at ease,but I always take it a step further and turn the car off

I thought everyone turned the car off first thing LoL...IMHO I think anything more than car off and hands on the wheel is a little excessive unless ordered/requested otherwise by the LEO.

I take it another step further and put the keys on the dashboard. This doesn't really apply to me any more, though, as the ignition cylinder in my Bronco recently developed the ability to turn without needing the key. So I just unlock the door and put my keys back in my pocket.

;)

Really...Ill have ta member that at the next meet,iv been wanting a new car,:popcorn:

Guest GUTTERbOY
Really...Ill have ta member that at the next meet,iv been wanting a new car,:popcorn:

You'd have to get by my redneck engineering obstacles first. Let's just say that you can't just jump in, turn the key, and have it fire up. It's not quite to the level of needing a commercial pilot's checklist, but it's getting there. :D

What can I say, the thing cost me $450. ;)

Another good thing to do, if you can do it without a lot of motion, is if it is night, turn the interior light on.

Just a FYI, our current Chief of Police thinks the best way to stop crime is by statistics. In other words the more routine stops you make the more legitimate criminals you will accidentally find due to warrants, car searches, ect. Not a bash and please don't go that direction, just to let you know why a Camero gets pulled over at night, ect.

Just a FYI, our current Chief of Police thinks the best way to stop crime is by statistics. In other words the more routine stops you make the more legitimate criminals you will accidentally find due to warrants, car searches, ect. Not a bash and please don't go that direction, just to let you know why a Camero gets pulled over at night, ect.

It's not that I disagree with the police chief and as a LEO stated in another thread somewhere he would find a "legitimate" reason to stop a vehicle....i.e. Tail light out/broken, rolled a stop sign, failure to use signal and so on. So in general a LEO can usually find a "legal" reason to stop a car and then conduct whatever investigation he wants (and the person stopped agrees too) after that.

I was just saying stopping any car, any where at any time, but because it is a certain car and/or in a certain place and/or at a certain time with no other reason shouldn't be done. Which is apparently what the officer admitted to in this case.

I was once told they can pull you over for a low tire,And they even carry around a tire gauge just for that :P

Another good thing to do, if you can do it without a lot of motion, is if it is night, turn the interior light on.

:up:

Guest rj8806

I have been stopped twice now since having my HCP and while carrying. Neither time did I mention that I was carrying but I did hand him my drivers license AND my HCP at the same time. Both times, they let me go with a warning.:eek:

Richard

I drove a 94 S/10 before I bought my convertible that has a V6 and my insurance was higher on the s/10.Must be a high number of car thefts with s/10's :eek:

Strick:

It's because your S/10 was a regular cab. I went from a regular cab GMC Sierra to an extended cab. The extended cab had a larger engine and was a year or two newer but my ins went down simply because it had a rear seat. Amazing how ins works huh?

No,it was an extended cab with a v6,rear seat.

But what was weird is when I talked to my agent regarding putting a 350 from a vette in her,he said the amount would stay the same :eek: I even had an sr22 at the time

It's not that I disagree with the police chief and as a LEO stated in another thread somewhere he would find a "legitimate" reason to stop a vehicle....i.e. Tail light out/broken, rolled a stop sign, failure to use signal and so on. So in general a LEO can usually find a "legal" reason to stop a car and then conduct whatever investigation he wants (and the person stopped agrees too) after that.

I was just saying stopping any car, any where at any time, but because it is a certain car and/or in a certain place and/or at a certain time with no other reason shouldn't be done. Which is apparently what the officer admitted to in this case.

As I've been going through the hiring process (BTW I start in June!) several have told me that that is exactly what is happening. It's not "racial" profiling, but profiling none the less. I understand the reasoning and can't argue that it can be affective, but it can also have a negative affect on public relations, IMO.

If you are driving a nice vehicle in East Nashville, for example, you probably will be stopped. Be kind to the officers, they are more than likely just doing as directed.:eek: