Tell me about your Ruger MKIII

Raoul

Guest bubruins

I really enjoy shooting mine. It is reliable as a solid .22 bolt action (.22 is probably the most likely round to FTF). The only thing that I currently don't like about mine is the aftermarket extended safety. It interferes with my grip and I have actually activated the safety on accident while shooting. Needless to say, that aftermarket part is coming off soon. Of all my guns I tend to shoot .22 the most and the 22/45 gets a good workout every time that I shoot. It is also an excellent gun to teach people basic pistol shooting with. Several of my friends can now put together considerably better groups because of shooting my 22/45.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine is a 22-45. it is a great pistol.

The stock sights sucks but I replaced the front sight with a hi viz and it is good to go now.

I run bulk pack ammo through it and it is accurate enough for plinking or punching holes in paper.

yeah they are a pain to strip and thats why I don't bother doing it. I have never found a valid reason for doing it. Whatever I can clean with a boresnake and a rag is plenty good enough to keep it running and staying accurate.

It usually goes to the range every time.

Yeah this is what I have found out. I added a RDS on mine. I love it, mine is the MKIII Target...

photo-21.jpg

Next I'm going to get the thumb rest grips.

I have a MkIII target, and love it. If I can ever shoot half as well as its capable of performing, I'll be something. Mine has the VQ ignition parts. Volquartsen also has excellent customer service, as I recently found out. I was having light strikes and soft resets, and sent the pistol to them (as opposed to Ruger, because I wished to keep my aftermarket parts). They replaced the firing pin, adjusted the pre and overtravel, and the thing is like butter now. I'm tempted to remove the magazine disconnect just to see how good it can be. Everyone should have a good .22lr plinker.