Walthers

Guest middiedad

Guest middiedad

I'm new to the Forum, but have been reading for the past couple of weeks. I have a Tarus P92, a Sig 226, Glock 19 and Walther PPK/S but am in the market for a CCW staying with the 9mm. I really like the Walther P99s especially the P99c but can't find them anywhere. Especially for a decent price. When I look at GunBroker.com the prices are really high and given shipping and transfer fees the gun is not practical.

Any advice or suggestings, the grip and ergonomics of the Walther P99c is just something that I haven't found in another 9mm compact.

Thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have both the P99c and P99 full size AS versions, they are keepers for sure. I shot them both side by side with the G19 and G26 and bought the Walthers. Love the G19 and G26 but I liked the DA/SA on the Walther. Found this one on Buds:

Walther P99C 9MM AS 3.5 10R BL $566.00 SHIPS FREE

You can pick up 15 round mags and grip extension for it, expensive but worth it. Feel free to send me a private message if you want to try either of my P99's, I have the grip extension for my P99c.

Sigbear

+1 one the P99's.

Bought my first Walther P99 in 9mm back in 96' and it's still sitting loaded and ready in the safe as I type this. I've ran several different types of ammo through it and never experienced an issue. I've been wanting to pick up a P99c as well but haven't ran across any slightly used. IMO that tells you something about P99's. Seems most people who get them hang onto them.

Guest middiedad

Thanks for the responses. Nothing wrong with my 19, just have had it for some time and time for some new man jewelry. I've handled the PPS, not really right feel for me. After handling the P99 again today at local Sportsman's Warehouse, really like it but price was $599, seemed high. Just concerned that the P99c frame might be too small, only comparison was a M&P 9c and it felt a little short. Any other advice on the grip feel similar to a Walther would be welcome.

When I fist picked up a P99c and G26 (same day) neither of them flt my hand very good, the P99C felt better of the 2 but not great, so, I fired both and liked the trigger on the P99C and shoot it better (DA/SA), but that's a personal thing. I usually carry it with the pinky extension and a 10 round mag. and occasionally carry with a 15 round mag. and grip extension. I paid $600+ for mine several years ago and it was money well spent.

Got: Sig.226, Glock 21SF, Walther P99/P99C, Ruger Security 6, SP101 & LC9 and a few others. If I could only keep one it would be the full size p99 ten the P99C.

Sigbear