My Christmas/birthday present

Guest TNBlackSheep

Guest TNBlackSheep

Been saving up for my first semi-auto...fantasy football winnings, Christmas money, birthday money (1/4)...finally got to take a trip to Benton Shooter's Supply and pick up my new baby:

100_4690.jpg

100_4693.jpg

Springfield XDm 4.5" 9mm. The only bad part is I don't have a range close by and probably won't have time to get to one until next weekend...the anticipation may kill me.

While I was taking pics, got one of my other baby...

100_4689.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TNBlackSheep

Finally got to take the new toy out...a week later, ugh.

I couldn't be happier. First shot dead center and very accurate all day. At 3, 5, and 7 yards, everything in the 9 ring or better. At 10 and 15, started dropping a little, but still nothing outside the 8 ring. Put 60 rounds through it, very, very pleased.

I shot w/my older brother who is die-hard Glock. He has subtly and at times not-so-subtly been trying to talk me out of a Springfield ever since I first mentioned being interested in them 6 months or so ago. He's been buying/trading semi-autos for 15-20 years and has owned and/or shot pretty much everything but a Springfield, currently has 2 Glock 17s and 2 19s. He shot it and basically had to eat crow. He was very impressed with how well it shot, how good it felt, and by the end of the day was saying he might try to trade for a Springfield soon. Hard to get a more glowing review than that!

A friend of mine just got a springfield 9mm and I shot it the other day. The point of aim seemed a little different from my glock, but once I figured that out, man it shot great. (was shooting steel not paper targets so it was kinda difficult to tell where I was missing at first).

Edited by JGunner

Congrats on your purchase. I've had 2 XD 9mm's in the past and sold them both to fund other purchases. I ended up coming back to the XD platform and got myself an XD 45 for Christmas. Such a great present, I love mine. Its a good thing you didn't listen to your brother's advice without trying out the Springfield's for yourself. I hate when people try to persuade others without having first hand experience themselves, and base their opinion solely on what they have and think you should too.