CCW Postings

Guest nraforlife

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj
Are you suggesting that we don't speak up about something we disagree with just cause the sign doesn't fit anti-ccw requirement.

I don't care if it is a legal posting or not i'm not gonna give them my money. I also believe very strongly that if i'm not gonna give them my money i should tell them why. Simply ignoring signs doesn't get them removed

No I am not suggesting that, and the letter you have written was a very well written letter, I applaud that and that you have sent them in to businesses. But as mentioned other times, just mentioning that a sign was not legal got one changed in Jackson TN library. There are other ways to combat these types of issues, like your letter which is a great example.

We also have to realize that businesses, larger than a mom and pop, that have legally organized (LLC to different Corporation types) have probably got a no gun policy, whether it is for the public coming in off the street or for their employees, which has been discussed in the Pizza Hut thread. As long as we have liability lawyers, and insurance companies that dictate what we can or can not do, what we have to have or need to have, and we live in a litigious society that we do, there will be these polices.

Am I saying we should roll over, hell no. Like I said, I like your letter and thanks for giving permission to use it. Ok, there is my opinion, that and $5.00 will get you a small coffee at starbucks with Tungsten.:D

One more thing, I have only noticed one sign in the year+ that I have been carrying, that was at Baptist East Hospital when my son was born in the fall, and that was because it was properly posted on every entrance. I have never noticed a sign anywhere else.;)

Bluefield. last town before you cross into Va headed south on 77. What about you?

OK I know where Bluefield is, been there, have done youth camp for our local church in Ghent which is kinda close to Bluefield but that was many years ago. When in WV I lived near Matewan which is on the KY border. Home of the Hatfields and McCoys and the feud. I was actually married to a McCoy for a few years and have four McCoy children. :D

Guest GLOCKGUY

Quote:

Originally Posted by db99wj viewpost.gif

The pointing out of a nonconforming sign can lead to the installation of a proper conforming sign...

this is very very very true. A while back i told you guys about my cable company having a sign thats was wrong and i told the girl working in there that is was wrong and it was still legal to carry there. They could just get me for trespassing. I went by there to day and they have the right sign up on their door thanks to me and my big mouth 14104_vio2033_2.gif

Edited by GLOCKGUY
Guest dotsun
Quote:

Originally Posted by db99wj viewpost.gif

The pointing out of a nonconforming sign can lead to the installation of a proper conforming sign...

this is very very very true. A while back i told you guys about my cable company having a sign thats was wrong and i told the girl working in there that is was wrong and it was still legal to carry there. They could just get me for trespassing. I went by there to day and they have the right sign up on their door thanks to me and my big mouth 14104_vio2033_2.gif

Good job. I'm truly curious as to what you thought their reaction would be when they found out that their sign wasn't legally binding?

My take on this is that it gives the establishments some cover for insurance purposes, and the ability ask those who might be a problem to leave. I don't really get pissy over the places that post in a manner that isn't legal. I get pissed over the places that do post in a manner that is legal and intends to say that you and your gun are not welcome here.