I finally bought that pocket .380!!

Guest Catfish36

Guest Catfish36

A few weeks ago I posted a thread called "Honest opinions on small .380??"..I was debating between the LCP and the Taurus TCP.. But the overwhelming majority of you all advised I look at the Sig P238. Well I did..and I have been shopping and tire kicking and reading for weeks now..even before my post here.

So finally tonight I purchased the Sig P238. Just took it out of the box..haven't fired it yet. They have so many colors that I really wanted but I feel I got a good deal on the plain black one from Academy Sports in Knox. Looked in Bill's Outpost and CCA several times at them..picked this one up for $125 less than anywhere I have found. Brand new, night sites, 2 mags (one with extra pinky grip).

It's hard to make a fair judgement yet without firing it, however in comparing it to the LCP on feel alone the Sig is heavier and a little larger (dislike this)....But I love the solid feel of this little gun , and the real sites. They say the LCP is "just a good carry gun, not for shooting", but I think I may really enjoy shooting this little pocket gun with a big gun feel...yet to be seen..but I can't wait to try it out.

If I can get some help posting a pic I will....

Thanks for all of your input on this purchase..

The money I saved will go towards me saving for my next purchase...my first 1911!!...(Any suggestions on this purchase down the road will be appreciated)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Catfish36

Also I will be looking for holsters for my new toy. I would like a comfortable IWB as well as comfortable Ankle holster for it. (I prefer an ankle holster with a calf strap) If anyone can recommend a brand or style or place to get said holsters please advise..and thanks in advance.

If you have fired a Kel-Tec P3AT, you will see the difference in the Sig. You get what you pay for. I went from the Kel-Tec to the Sig and it was money well spent. I use the plastic belt clip holster that came with it or for pocket carry, I use an Uncle Mike's size 3. (Depending on how I'm dressed for concealment).

Congratulations on the new pistol. Shoot it, learn it, enjoy it, clean it, then repeat the process. :)

Guest Lester Weevils
So finally tonight I purchased the Sig P238. Just took it out of the box..haven't fired it yet. They have so many colors that I really wanted but I feel I got a good deal on the plain black one from Academy Sports in Knox. Looked in Bill's Outpost and CCA several times at them..picked this one up for $125 less than anywhere I have found. Brand new, night sites, 2 mags (one with extra pinky grip).

Did yours come with fiber-optic night sights? Just curious because met a fellow at the range with a P238 from Academy, which came with nice fiber-optic night sights (which for old eyes are better in the daylight as well). The last time I was at Chatt Academy they were out of P238's. Just curious if all the Academy models come with fiber-optic night sights.

Guest RobThatsMe

Congrats on your new Sig!

I really enjoy shooting mine.

As, for the holster, I would suggest you look at the Offical Sig Web Site.

They have a great inside the pocket holster specifically designed for the P238.

It is custom shaped to fit the gun. I have one and it works great.

Also, the price was very reasonable. I believe I paid $20. for it.

http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/p238-leather-pocket-holster-379.aspx

http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/p238-conceal-carry-holster-378.aspx

Rob

Edited by RobThatsMe
Guest Catfish36

Wow! Guys you were so right ! Went and shot it today, and I am very very happy with this gun!. Shot so well right off the bat. (up to 15 yards that is..then I started losing it..haha). But at 10 yards I was money..and I am no where near an expert or even a "good" shooter. No recoil. Even one handed I was consistently in the 10 circle.

Out of 77 rounds I had one failure to eject on a last round.

Thanks for all the ideas on holsters. I bought an IWB and a ankle holster today made by Bagmaster..they are ok..but I am not satisfied with them..will keep looking for holsters. I may just pick up another DeSantis Nemesis..(been carrying my G27 in one recently)

And yes it does have the night sights and with the extra pinky grip mag i can put 7 +1. Standard mag holds 6.

If anyone wants to send me a box of .380 shells feel free..I am going to spend alot of money on them. As I suspected..this is more than a good carry...It is FUN to shoot!

P.S. Rebeldrummer has my pics and hopefully will post them soon.