going to Virginia and West Virginia

Guest GLOCKGUY

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC, West Va does NOT honor the Tn permit. I took a week long training course in Va last spring, and my permit covered me on the way there and there, but since I do not drink, and the LEOS and trainers I was with do not either, we did not go to serving establishments. We went to places the local PD goes to. No, we did NOT go to donut shops. LOL

You can probably go to the state website and look up their laws.

Guest GLOCKGUY

thanks guys. I'm heading out this morning my wife's grandmother died so i have to take her up there. I just hope while I'm in West Virginia i dont make any wrong turns:eek: you know thats where they filmed the movie "Wrong turn" with all those in breeders living there :)

As a disclaimer im not a lawyer so look things up for yourself. I am however a WV resident and i work here in TN so i have to stay very up on the laws of all 3 of the states you mentioned.

West Va. does as of about 4 months ago have reciprocity with TN. In West Va you can carry in a place that sales alcohol and drink provided you do not cross the legal limit.

Va you can carry openly in a restaurant that serves but you cannot conceal and you cant drink.

Open carry is also legal in both states without a permit.

So GlockGuy what part of WV are ya headed to.

thanks guys. I'm heading out this morning my wife's grandmother died so i have to take her up there. I just hope while I'm in West Virginia i dont make any wrong turns:eek: you know thats where they filmed the movie "Wrong turn" with all those in breeders living there ^_^

Haha I live about 45 min from there lol.

Guest GLOCKGUY

well im back and i have to say i loved West Va. i got pulled over for speeding and the LEO just give me a Waring. I told him i had a gun and i had my carry permit and he checked me out on let me get on my way. i went to a small town called Webster springs. and i think everybody there was carrying a gun. my wife's ant Roth carried a smith and wesson 38 in a fanny pack every where she went and she is 89 years old :up:

Ever notice that W. VA is the hot setting for "horror" movies. Wrong Turn and Silent Hill to name a few. Im surprised you can open carry without a HCP.

Working in TN and Living in WV i hear all those jokes all the time lol. Why are you surprised about open carry. it is also legal in Va and Ky and i believe NC without a permit.

well im back and i have to say i loved West Va. i got pulled over for speeding and the LEO just give me a Waring. I told him i had a gun and i had my carry permit and he checked me out on let me get on my way. i went to a small town called Webster springs. and i think everybody there was carrying a gun. my wife's ant Roth carried a smith and wesson 38 in a fanny pack every where she went and she is 89 years old :D

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip but i wish you could have made it under different circumstances. I believe i have been through Webster springs a couple times its about 2 hours north of were i live.

Just out of curiosity did the LEO actually ask to see the gun?

Working in TN and Living in WV i hear all those jokes all the time lol. Why are you surprised about open carry. it is also legal in Va and Ky and i believe NC without a permit.

jpruett, I usually hear one of two things, one serious and one a joke, the joke is "do I have more than two teeth" LOL and the one that really cracks me up is when someone finds out I am originally from WV and seriously tells me that they know someone from WV then they proceed to tell me their name and ask me if I know them. I suppose they either think WV is about the size of a tiny city or they think there are only 10 people there and we all know each other?!?!?!?! :D

Guest GLOCKGUY
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip but i wish you could have made it under different circumstances. I believe i have been through Webster springs a couple times its about 2 hours north of were i live.

Just out of curiosity did the LEO actually ask to see the gun?

no he never did

jpruett, I usually hear one of two things, one serious and one a joke, the joke is "do I have more than two teeth" LOL and the one that really cracks me up is when someone finds out I am originally from WV and seriously tells me that they know someone from WV then they proceed to tell me their name and ask me if I know them. I suppose they either think WV is about the size of a tiny city or they think there are only 10 people there and we all know each other?!?!?!?! :koolaid:

Yea that happens to me too but the ones that really get to me is when the person turns out to be from the western part of Virginia.

I grew up in Wheeling. We had a church group come down from Pittsburgh because they were coming on a missions trip with us. They seriously were expecting horses and no shoes. I mean come on, we've had cars since like 1993!!