Turn In Your Neighbor for Illegal Gun

I don't see a gun grab happening in the next four years, no matter who is President, whether he is Muslim or Christian, gay or straight. Especially if both the Senate and the House are in Republican hands. And though I don't particularly care for him, Obama is no dictator. The one thing that scares me really is the same thing that OS is preaching about, and that's control of the next batch of Supreme Court nominees. That's the big reason that we need to vote him out and let the Republicans take control of the Senate.

Personally, I'm not sure who is going to beat Obama. All the Republican candidates for President are fairly lame and I don't see any of them beating him at this time. The only one that could out debate him is Gingrich and he has so much baggage that he could sink the Titanic with it. I don't see a lot of difference between Mitt Romney and Obama either. All Santorum cares about is Abortion and throwing Gays in jail and Ron Paul has no clue at all about Foreign Policy. He just wants to be an ostrich. So I'm fairly pessimistic about the Republicans taking the Presidency. I just hope they can take the Senate and the keep the House.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR
I don't even see how there could be a gun grab. The pesky 2A is on the books and I can't see that being repealed.

What end around could happen to cause it to be ignored?

Well, he's pretty much ignored the rest of the Constitution, hasn't he?

Give him time.

Guest 6.8 AR

That constitutional scholar sealed his records so well that no one knows

how he earned it. Might have been from the Politboro for all we know.

Makes me feel warm and fuzzy, doesn't it you?

He knows about as much as FDR knew. All you have know about something is what

sounds good to which crowd and set a trap for the opposition, which is what he has

been doing a lot of, lately. If he continues his current trend of success against his

friends, Boehner and Co., he can have it pulled off right after the election.

Of course he can see what mutiny looks like when he uses his internet switch, cuts

off fuel supplies with some kind of bogus emergency for the military in faraway places,

declares martial order. By then shots will have been fired. And with an economic

meltdown somewhere in the mix, I'd say he has a twenty percent chance of pulling it

off. He and his minions probably think they have a fifty or more percent chance. All

they want. Van Jones and his revolution will backfire, but it won't stop them from

trying.

Nah, too tinfoil.

The timeframe may be off but that's exactly what they want: destruction of this

country and to rebuild it into their communist utopia.

I wouldn't put anything past this doofus in a second term.

The UN treaty on small arms would overide our Constitution. The Obamanation could even say "I don't want to ban guns but this international treaty ties my hands". Don't you think a lot of countries would be glad to send some troops to enforce the UN rules in the US?

Glenn

Edited by Glenn

Foreign troops? I dunno, gun control didn't work too well in Iraq and they didn't even have a Constitution or a sense of national pride. I'm not losing sleep over the thought of limp-wristed European blue helmets.

Guest 6.8 AR
The UN treaty on small arms would overide our Constitution. The Obamanation could even say "I don't want to ban guns but this international treaty ties my hands". Don't you think a lot of countries would be glad to send some troops to enforce the UN rules in the US?

Glenn

Well, the Senate has to ratify a treaty so screw the doofus on that. That much won't happen. That's something he can sign on to until Hell freezes

over. And just for any Hillary lovers out there in our midst( I know a few

Hillary lovers, poor misguided twits), she loves that treaty, also.

Well, the Senate has to ratify a treaty so screw the doofus on that. That much won't happen. That's something he can sign on to until Hell freezes

over. And just for any Hillary lovers out there in our midst( I know a few

Hillary lovers, poor misguided twits), she loves that treaty, also.

97 of our 100 senators just voted for the new NDAA. I wouldn't count on the senate protecting ANY of our rights.

Guest 6.8 AR

Just for arguments sake, the NDAA is an annual budget allocation. I agree with

you concerning our great senators wisdom, but that is a bit different from a treaty.

A treaty is the only other way to legitimately change our Constitution other than

the amendment process. They were both meant to be rather difficult. I haven't

heard any rumblings about treaties out of the Senate, have you? Hope we don't.

Guest 6.8 AR

The way the Senate has been acting lately, I would rather we didn't have a

provision for recess appointments and the poor bastards could go home for

most of the year. Less legislation would be better.

Alexander could put on one of his flannel shirts and take a hike.

Actually some of Obama's minions have floated the idea that if we sign a treaty, it can be binding without the senates approval. Besides, the senate hasn't shown much inclination to fight with O. He just does what he wants

Glenn

Just for arguments sake, the NDAA is an annual budget allocation. I agree with

you concerning our great senators wisdom, but that is a bit different from a treaty.

A treaty is the only other way to legitimately change our Constitution other than

the amendment process. They were both meant to be rather difficult. I haven't

heard any rumblings about treaties out of the Senate, have you? Hope we don't.

No, I've not heard a thing, just making the point - hanging our hopes on the Senate to do what's right is a bit risky.

Guest 6.8 AR

Oh, I agree that hanging any hope on either

place is risky. They both have been rather

defensive towards the people who put them

there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This treaty is very real, supported by Obama and strongly by Hillary. Obama has said that he can ratify a treaty by executive order.The fact that attempting to do so would be unconstitutional will not bother him at all. He has already shown that he has no regard for the constitution Who is rising up to stop him. The senate doesn't have the balls, the scotus has no power to enforce any ruling they might make against O, and at least half the country is too lazy or stupid to care what happens.

Glenn

Guest ThePunisher

The bottom line is that we better hope that Obie doesn't over reach his executive powers this year, and do something tyrannical more than he has already done. Then we also have to hope that all the gun owners, and any other person that is not brain dead will unite firmly behind the republican nominee no matter whom it will be. And then alot of praying for our nation would help.

Guest 6.8 AR

I think I heard someone(patriot on sat radio) say that Boehner has been told

that that is his constitutional duty to implement impeachment proceedings. I

got an email from Heritage explaining the impeachable acts very well. I just

want to see Mr. Boehner exercise his duty. He doesn't sound to enthusiastic,

nor does Mitch McConnell. They both, at best sound perturbed. Of course it

doesn't say anything about how long the process takes. It could take until

another senate is sworn in and we could take our chances with the fallout.

I hate to see anyone do something like this. A sitting President ignoring the

Constitution and performing acts like this are treasonous. If Congress doesn't

act properly and neglects to discharge its duty, we have a real bad situation.

and if it doesn't stir the people up enough to actively remove the bad actors,

we just tipped over into the abyss: that would mean unstable everything. up

to and including a revolution. Maybe that's a good thing, eh?

This crap can't keep on happening. Chaos is already the rule and a dictatorship

won't be able to control the military. I don't know why we have put up with this

for this long. An all voluntary military won't stand for a dictatorship.

See some possibilities?

So, my bottom line is that they can come for my guns, but I will defend my rights,

and with a vengeance, until I'm gone.

This is a rogue government.

Maybe this little piece put me on Janet's list.

Actually he said he was going to "fundamentally transform" America. Just clarifying because

he is "fundamentally succeeding". We won't last four more years with this guy.

The USSR spent several decades trying to destroy the USA. Obummer and the liberals will accomplish the job in only a few years.

Guest 6.8 AR
The USSR spent several decades trying to destroy the USA. Obummer and the liberals will accomplish the job in only a few years.

He's just about there.

Dunno how recently this was made, but Booker is current mayor of Newark, in his first term 2010-14.

Remember this kind of stuff when you hear Chris Christie touted for prez. He may even be Romney's veep pick this time around.

Christie has said several time that he thinks NJ's gun laws are "about right". Right.

That's a needless swipe at Chris Christie. Chris Christie has exactly zero to do with any initiatives that the mayor of Newark puts forth. Ever been to Newark or any part of North Jersey? I'm worried very little about anything that happens there because unless I'm watching "Bait Car" for entertainment or laying over at Liberty, it's not a place I care about. Here are some 2009 comments from Chris Christie on how he feels about gun control in New Jersey...

Five Things Conservative Voters Would Hate About Chris Christie -- Daily Intel

"Listen, we have a densely-populated state, and there's a big handgun problem in New Jersey. Now, I don't support all the things that the governor supports by a long stretch. But I think on guns — certain gun control issues, looking at it from a law-enforcement perspective, seeing how many police officers were killed, we have an illegal gun problem in New Jersey."

If anything, Chris Christie has brought a dramatically pro-gun shift to an incredibly gun-restrictive state. I give him a ton of credit for commuting Brian Aitken's sentence in late 2010. NRA-ILA :: N.J. Governor Chris Christie Commutes Gun Owner If Corzine was still in office, this kid would be in prison still.

New Jersey's anti-gun nature goes back into the 1960s and it's deep-seeded in most all of the counties and cities. If you think there's going to be some sweeping change or an overtly pro-gun agenda from Christie or anyone else in New Jersey politics, you've been in Tennessee way too long. When asked about the potential for some change, particularly after the Aitken issue...

Christie on New Jersey

“No. Not at all. In fact, I think that Democrats — if they had a Democratic governor, there would be even more of these put on the books. They tried to in [former governor Jon] Corzine’s last year [in office], and they got caught up in the legislature trying to do even more.â€

In closing, I wouldn't take an alarmist approach that "It happened in New Jersey, it can happen in Tennessee!" It makes for good internet forum fodder, but that's about it.

The USSR didn’t want to destroy us. They said they would take over the US without firing a shot. They didn’t get the job done, but China and Japan are on-track to try. And the majority of Americans are willing to hand it over to them with a smile.