Turn In Your Neighbor for Illegal Gun

In the spirit of Big Brother and 2A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFG2H3TaK5s

Dunno how recently this was made, but Booker is current mayor of Newark, in his first term 2010-14.

Remember this kind of stuff when you hear Chris Christie touted for prez. He may even be Romney's veep pick this time around.

Christie has said several time that he thinks NJ's gun laws are "about right". Right.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So long as the informant is charged 10x the reward if they turn someone in who's guns are legal, with 1/2 of that going to the victim and 1/2 to fund the program, I am ok with it. That IS how this program would work, right, so as not to burden taxpayers with funding this nonsense?

Ok. Pissed off neighbor, ex-boy/girlfriend, or just someone wanting a few bucks turns you in because he/she knows you have a gun. At the least you get detained while the "authorities" check out your weapon. Maybe it's not a recorded transaction in some data base that doesn't exist, you don't have a "legal" reciept or bill of sale for it, or can't prove to the "authorities" satisfaction that your gun isn't legal on the spot. You get arrested before it can be proven "legal". Bills, fines, lawyers, etc later; It's ok. "Your papers are in order."

Who gets to pay? Probably not the jerk on the other end of the phone. I don't see this as anything good coming of this little experiment.

We gotta think about numbers any time the subject of a gun grab comes up. The industry processed right at 30 million background checks in the last two years. They may pass some laws and add some misery to our lives, but a gun grab ain't gonna happen. They don't have the resources, even with the full force of the military. They can't even round up all the Mexicans and send them back. That's tiny in comparison.

I have no illegal guns yet. After what happened in Utah I expect a new push to ban AKs. Looks like no matter who wins in Nov. the fight to keep 2nd amendment rights will just get toughter.

It will be a lot tougher when O puts 2-4 MORE liberal activist judges on Supreme Court.

- OS

Guest Lester Weevils
It will be a lot tougher when O puts 2-4 MORE liberal activist judges on Supreme Court.

- OS

If hi-tech "cost is no object" medicine can keep cheney vertical for so long with a bad ticker, maybe they can work the same miracles for the conservative supremes if O gets another 4 years.

We have so many fossils in congress who have been there forever. More congresscritters are older than 60 than younger than 60. Maybe they should allow them to keep serving even after death. If the dead can vote, then why can't they sit in congress or the court? It is so unfair!

If hi-tech "cost is no object" medicine can keep cheney vertical for so long with a bad ticker, maybe they can work the same miracles for the conservative supremes if O gets another 4 years....

Kennedy has already postponed his retirement till after the coming election, just hoping GOP wins. I don't know if he will or can wait another four years. Just that one swings court the other way.

Ginsberg is almost 80 and is so far surviving two kinds of cancer. Though liberal, she's probably conservative compared to O's replacement choice.

5 justices are in their 70s, I believe 4 will be in their 80s before end of O's second term.

Anyway you look at it, it would be a miracle if the court is not at least 5-4 liberal by 2016, and could be 6-3 or worse.

- OS

Guest Lester Weevils
Kennedy has already postponed his retirement till after the coming election, just hoping GOP wins. I don't know if he will or can wait another four years. Just that one swings court the other way.

Ginsberg is almost 80 and is so far surviving two kinds of cancer. Though liberal, she's probably conservative compared to O's replacement choice.

5 justices are in their 70s, I believe 4 will be in their 80s before end of O's second term.

Anyway you look at it, it would be a miracle if the court is not at least 5-4 liberal by 2016, and could be 6-3 or worse.

- OS

Those are good points. Maybe we could luck up with a judge who changes his stripes after getting the gig, such as Souter after GWHB's appointment.

Guest cardcutter
Good thing most of my firearms have never done anything illegal.... I had an Enfield once that drove on the wrong side of the road, but whaddaya expect? It was from England.

LOL. Does that meanI will have to keep a close eye on my mosin nagant. It may be plotting something.

Guest 6.8 AR
We gotta think about numbers any time the subject of a gun grab comes up. The industry processed right at 30 million background checks in the last two years. They may pass some laws and add some misery to our lives, but a gun grab ain't gonna happen. They don't have the resources, even with the full force of the military. They can't even round up all the Mexicans and send them back. That's tiny in comparison.

Well they got their internet switch, didn't they? And their health care, and their Dodd-Frank Bill that will cripple this country more.

I think if he is re-elected a gun grab is entirely conceivable. Suing states for trying to protect their border, amnesty by neglect.

The list goes on and on and we still can think something can't happen. Marxists do things incrementally until there is nothing left.

Us poor Americans have a short memory.

They'd just do it like they did in England - mandatory gun turn in and incredibly stiff penalties for owning one. They wouldn't have to go door to door.

95%+ of gun owners would dutifully turn their guns in.

They'd just do it like they did in England - mandatory gun turn in and incredibly stiff penalties for owning one. They wouldn't have to go door to door.

And the other 5% are members here ;)

Sent from my Mom's basement

I think you're wrong. I believe it would be the biggest stink in the history of the US