Ruger SR1911

Shug

Wondering if anyone else has had the same experience. I went to Benton Shooters Supply hopeing to purchase a Ruger SR1911. {Really wanting a Talo edition} They had a regular SR1911 on display, but the salesman wouldn't sell it. Said they would take orders for them if I paid in full, and when they got them in they would fill the orders in order that they were received. I know Ruger has made them hard to get but this is ridiculous.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A local shop had one here back in July I was looking at,when I asked if I could purchase the pistol the guy kinda laughed(so sorry but its a display only),I can always order one for you.So I went elsewhere and purchased a Springfield RO for not much more than they were asking for the Ruger.

Wondering if anyone else has had the same experience. I went to Benton Shooters Supply hopeing to purchase a Ruger SR1911. {Really wanting a Talo edition} They had a regular SR1911 on display, but the salesman wouldn't sell it. Said they would take orders for them if I paid in full, and when they got them in they would fill the orders in order that they were received. I know Ruger has made them hard to get but this is ridiculous.

thats nuts...

I have one pre ordered at a few places and it will come soon for 650 bucks.......my local guy sold his for 800 and I am not big enough of a big shot to be

upside down on a fire arm intentionally ..in a month or so they will be pretty much everywhere ruger has said

Guest Sgt. Joe

I can see putting up a deposit and getting on a list but paying full price and not knowing when you would get the gun seems a bit much to ask IMO.

I have only physically seen two, one was for sale but the shop, a small one had one almost right after they came out but they wanted 819 for it so I passed. The only other one that I have seen was already laid away by someone else.

I am a big Ruger fan and while I have never owned a 1911 I wanted to buy one last year just because of the 100 year anniversary of our military starting to use them. Then when Ruger announced theirs I figured that would be the one because I was already going nuts trying to figure out just which one would be the best bang for buck to buy. I got pretty excited about the Ruger.

Now that there has been so much trouble in getting one of the Rugers I dont even care if I get one or not, I was never going to give up my 17+1 carry gun to carry a 1911 anyway, it was just something that I wanted to have and would have stayed in the safe most all of the time anyway.

So if they ever become easy to find and the price is reasonable I will get one, with all that must be on back order having them become easily available is probably at least if not more than six months down the road. If I never do get one I have not lost anything.

They are definitely hard to get right now, and with all of the other new Rugers that have just been announced that are also likely to be big sellers, I don't know if Ruger will ever catch up. I guess that is a nice problem for them to have, but not so good for us. I have a S&W 1911 that I really like, but I think I would like to get one of the SR1911s and the new SR22. It will probably be Christmas before they are readily available...hmmm that may be perfect timing. :devil: