Ruger SR22

kieefer

BTW, they already have an SR-22. :rolleyes:

I noticed that after I posted and thought I should have added "pistol" to the title but you're the first to comment :shrug:

Maybe SR2 would have been a better name?

I still would rather have seen a original design but this does give Ruger another market nitch IF it's priced lower than the Mark's.

Look forward to fondling one anyway.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pie not to doubt you, but what were the P series (p90, p95, p345) copies of? Those big ole ugly pistols are a reliable tank like gun.

They took bits and pieces of other designs....the lockup is the barrel near the front of the chamber like the old sigs, some 1st and 2nd gen S&W, etc. Granted they didn't look as close as the current releases to existing designs, but they are all there.

I dont remember a polymer revolver before the LCR. Was the 44mag autos copies of something other than a 10/22?I do see what your saying, they tease of the LCP4.2/LCR4.2 and the LC45, but instead just follow behind everyone else

The end product was something new, but again nothing that hasn't been done before by design. Believe it or not...the .44 magnum carbines were produced by ruger almost a decade before the 10/22 came out. The 10/22 was nothing new, but used the rotary magazine as its advantage.

Ruger has always taken another design and tried to improve it. Their big advantage(as is better than any other industry) is the Pinetree casting division and the technology it perfected. This is why they make such solid guns. Ruger IS investment casting...the reason why a GP100 costs $450 and a 686 is $600. It is why a blackhawk costs $400 and a colt costs $700. It is why the Standard automatic cleaned the plate in the 50's, and why a SR9 is less than a Kahr or Glock. The ruger #1....Well I am not 100% sure why they cost so much. I suppose it is because they can. Same thing with the $4000 Gold Label if you can find one.

They aren't successful because of sexy, cutting edge design....they work because they can make a factory productive and at the same time be very friendly to their income statements and operate 100% in the USA.

I may have to add one of these to my wish list, and since this won't be a defensive weapon, the goofy safety doesn't bother me that much. I do wish they'd make an LCP-22....but I like the DA/SA features of the SR-22 (that's why I DID have a P22 on my wish list :rolleyes:).

Yep. 310 is going to be good value I think.

I think the gun has the potential to sell well. I don't really understand the backwards safety though. Like others, I hope that they can keep up with the demand. Still don't understand why 1911s are still hard to find.