Ruger SR22

kieefer

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
And what's with that honkin' big ambi safety on the frame?

Well, that's Ruger. They like to load up their pistols with every safety feature imaginable.

I think Ruger has officially run out of ideas.

You do realize that not a single product in the history of Ruger firearms is an original design (really - every single thing they make)....they simply take another solid design and figure out a way to make it higher quality and with less expensive manufacturing processes.

This is the way they have done things since they started 60 years ago....nothing new at all. It is who they are as a company.

I saw this this morning as the GunBlast YouTube channel had a video up on it. I wish this had been out a few months ago when I was trying to decide on a .22 pistol! I picked up a Walther P22 and I've loved it. Haven't had the first issue but I'd certainly love a Ruger .22 B) Can't wait to see more reviews on it.

Guest Sgt. Joe

While I never had any issues with my P22 a lot of other folks reported that their's were picky about ammo, I just dont think that will be an issue with the SR22.

O course I dont really need another 22 but that has never stopped me from buying anything before.

I will wait on some reviews to come in but I already have a feeling that one of those may well just follow me home and join the other three SR's that reside here.

Ruger's new American Rifle series looks like it will be well recieved too.

Heck, who needs new ideas when what you are making is selling anyway?

I dont remember a polymer revolver before the LCR. Was the 44mag autos copies of something other than a 10/22?I do see what your saying, they tease of the LCP4.2/LCR4.2 and the LC45, but instead just follow behind everyone else

I thought I had posted in this thread earlier but I guess I didn't.

There are a lot of things going for this gun as well as a few detractors.

The aluminum slide is going to be more durable than the P22's pot metal slide. The Ruger is also dovetailed for its sights which is far better than the P22's snap/press in sights. I also like having a frame mounted over a slide mounted safety. This is my only contention, the safety is opposite to every other gun I own and for me this is a big downer for me. As a matter of fact it went from a gun I would likely buy to one I never will.

I am sure a threaded barrel will be available soon which is another great addition for me but I will never get over the "backwards" safety. It would be too confusing for me to use.

Dolomite

Ruger has released a lot of exciting products over the past year or two and every single one has some weirdness about it that will prevent me from ever owning one.

Except the 1911 they advertise, but those do not exist.

IMHO they should really focus on what they have rather than chasing markets and becoming the American Taurus.

BTW, they already have an SR-22. :rolleyes:

Guest Sgt. Joe

Where is everyone seeing that the safety is flip-UP for fire?

From the pics it looks more to me to be that flip-UP would be locked.

The other SR's are Flip-Down to fire so I dont see why the 22 would be any different unless they really were out to copy the Walthers as much as possible. Both my P22 and PPK are backAckward like that.

I did not see it shown anywhere either way but I sure could have missed it.

EDIT: Disregard, I found it in the article that I did not look at.....Ummm wonder why they did that.

That is the first variation of anything SR that I can think of....and of course it dont make any sense, at least not to me. It seems to me that it could have been made either way but I am not a gun maker either.....strange it is. I guess they did try to be more like the Walther even with the mag release.... It is more like the Walthers than it is like the SR's.

Edited by Sgt. Joe