Sons of Guns....cutting edge?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will is a member of another site I frequent. Yesterday he posted this.

Quote;

so I get back from a week in the Ozarks killing deer and this is what I get ? LOL , ok , no missing guns , never have , never will . Do have a FFL though , two actually , a 07 and a DD . Explosives lic. as well . The FFL's are in the company's name as the company is a partnership . I formed it about 2 years ago when we got the tv contract . Joe and Charlie had been with us for years , Vince a few months but he seemed strong and really wanted in . Sold each of them 10 % shares in the new LLC , retained 70% for me and Steph . We added the building next door , moved new tools into it , got the ffl for the new company in and transferred the guns over to it . Once done , mailed in my old ffl . thats it guys . Told the way it happened , I guess it just doesn't rate National Enquirer status though

From what little I know about Red Jacket, I'm inclined to believe this.

And Stephanie is not hot.

To each their own... there are 3 categories:

The "You'll Do." (Steph, probably, falls into that... for you.)

The "Ooo, Baby." (Probably about 10% of women, more or less.)

The "Home Wrecker." (Smallest percentage. You call the house, and say, "Honey? I ain't coming home... ever.")

:D

Glad to hear that's not true. Steph is a low 6 and I can't believe people make such a big deal about her. I think RJF does try to do some innovative stuff, but what's left to be done? I think they should handle things like American Guns does and just say "we have the prints and parts ordered now we will manufacturer the frame or whatever component needed." RJF did create the first suppressed shotgun and integrally suppressed AK that I am aware of.

Glad to hear that's not true. Steph is a low 6 and I can't believe people make such a big deal about her. I think RJF does try to do some innovative stuff, but what's left to be done? I think they should handle things like American Guns does and just say "we have the prints and parts ordered now we will manufacturer the frame or whatever component needed." RJF did create the first suppressed shotgun and integrally suppressed AK that I am aware of.

The only new inovations in firearms since 1909 will be a rail gun, phaser gun with multiple settings, and/or light sabers. Which technically aren't guns but better! :D Seriously, everything is a variation of something turn of the century or older. Some of the best inventions were created by people messing around with a bunch of stupid ideas before they stumbled on the genious one. Ask Edison.

That show is horribly unwatchable. I tried to watch a few times, but I just could not take it. Stupid builds, rigged explosions, and fake drama. No thanks.

If all that crap swings a few folks over to the gun friendly side, then so be it. Their goal is a broad audience, not hardcore gun nuts. I watch it because I want to see how guns are being presented to the masses. When Steph is standing there with her AR, saying "don't try this at home", she ain't talking to me.

The TMZ report has to be complete garbage. If the Haydens really did have multiple Class III firearms for which they could not account, there would be no more Red Jacket. Just ask Sabre Defence how the ATF handles situations like that...

To each their own... there are 3 categories:

The "You'll Do." (Steph, probably, falls into that... for you.)

The "Ooo, Baby." (Probably about 10% of women, more or less.)

The "Home Wrecker." (Smallest percentage. You call the house, and say, "Honey? I ain't coming home... ever.")

:D

what about 4 & 5

4 - two bagger

5 - 12 packer

Been watching SOG for a few seasons now. My 9 year old daughter loves it. This is made up reality tv just as american guns, except American guns does have hot moms

At the end of the day, it is guns, bullets and an hour of entertainment. If people are looking for intellectual value I suggest picking up a book. :)

Edited by 1pointofview
  • 3 weeks later...

I watched the .458 SOCOM episode again last night. Fact is, they did a pretty good job with the gun. Integral supressor and good night vision optics, and a mag full of 500 grain thumpers. What's not to like for a hog gun. It was dropping them like flies.

They didn't mention Marty, but they didn't mention Eugene Stoner either. I didn't feel like they stepped on Marty at all. They sure were bragging about the caliber. I'm thinking our little community got bigger because of it.

To me, they always seem so amature-ish. Every week it's the same thing: We got this gun we're going to build, we got a strict timeline, and something goes wrong. It's always a last minute rig job at the range to get it working. I know that part of it is the drama factor, but if it were my company and I was trying to sell guns, I'd want to look like I absolutely knew what I was doing.

Looks like this season we're going to have the love story angle too, what with the "Family arm band, made from Wil's own hands". Puleeeze.

look at the last episode. They needed a weapon that would function under extreme conditions in the desert similar to an AK. So they built a piston AR. But the production makes it seem like they are building some top secret new invention. ITS JUST A PISTON DRIVEN AR. there i feel better, I still watch it

The only think i wonder is how Will and the boys feel about the show (money aside) and when around other gun manufactures.

Guest bkelm18
look at the last episode. They needed a weapon that would function under extreme conditions in the desert similar to an AK. So they built a piston AR. But the production makes it seem like they are building some top secret new invention. ITS JUST A PISTON DRIVEN AR. there i feel better, I still watch it

The only think i wonder is how Will and the boys feel about the show (money aside) and when around other gun manufactures.

Did Will say it was gonna be a "game changer"? ;)

I'm pretty sure he did. To me, it looked like a mega monolithic upper housing a Ruger SR556. Nothing special about the gun. And the genius gun smith Chris couldn't make it run but never adjusted the gas setting. It just makes them look bad.

Money cures a lotta poop. I doubt they worry about it.

Short story about a couple legendary steel guitar players y'all have probably never heard of, Buddy Emmons and Pete Drake. Buddy is considered the god, while Pete is the guy that played on a bunch of hit records. Buddy is not human, Pete couldn't even play a scale if you asked him.

At a show in St. Louis, Pete walked in while Buddy was playing. Buddy saw him, and tore off this lick that wasn't even possible for anyone else. He looked at Pete and said, "Let's see you do THAT!" Pete pulled a wad of hundreds out of his pocket, flipped 'em like a picture book in Bud's face, and said, "Let's see YOU do THAT!"