Sons of Guns....cutting edge?

Got to watch some TV with the down time away from work and tonight I see the boys at Red Jacket are going to make a big bore AR15 ! !

Such innovation and ingenuity! Just like some of the other "new" things they have done that's years or centuries old.

They're new idea? Looks like the 458 Socom to me. Gonna hunt pigs with it? Got pictures on the 458 socom forum that are years old.

Now the teaser doesn't mention caliber so it could be another big bore caliber but it's not a straight wall case so it's not 450 Bushmaster or 50 Beowulf.

I'm wondering if Marty Ter Weeme and Rock River Arms have anything to say about this "new" pig killer. Time will tell.

Red Jacket may make cool AK/Saiga variants but he's not doing anything new that I can see. I'll have to watch to see now so they did grab my attention but for all the wrong reasons.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he recongizes Marty as the force behind it, fine. He did bring Tony Rumore in from Tromix for his re-creation of the tri gas system AR so I would hope he states he's just assembling someone elses creation.

The Socom Forum has always been low key and slower paced. Devoted to only one caliber with a smaller base of support, it doesn't draw or sustain a lot of the things that cause problems here.

I always wonder who has the coin to come in and pay big money just to go shoot some quad MG-42, or a flame thrower. It's not like they can actually sell the gun to a civilian, can they? You know the producers are trying to find interesting things to make the show about. I enjoy the show, but more like seeing a car crash on the side of the highway.

Guest bkelm18
I always wonder who has the coin to come in and pay big money just to go shoot some quad MG-42, or a flame thrower. It's not like they can actually sell the gun to a civilian, can they? You know the producers are trying to find interesting things to make the show about. I enjoy the show, but more like seeing a car crash on the side of the highway.

I don't see why they couldn't sell the quad. It's just a machine gun. The flame thrower was for a Medal of Honor recipient. It was the one he carried in WWII and Red Jacket basically just made it functional again. Not sure if a flame thrower is classified as a destructive device or whatnot.

1) It's TV. C'mon, people. It's not for those of us "in the know." It may help introduce some curious newbies.

2) TV shows are always behind the time curve. Unless it's news "happening now."

3) It HAS to have the "drama injection," because someone that usually watches soap operas isn't going to be glued to gun facts.

4) The formula requires:

a) arrogant boss. check.

:D pretty girl. check.

c) schlepping minions. check.

If I read right, Will is no longer in charge of Red Jacket. He had some class 3 weapons that he "could not account for" in 2009 and he lost his license. After that his lead gunsmith Vince took over control of Red Jacket but has since left the company. Sounds shady to me.

If he recongizes Marty as the force behind it, fine. He did bring Tony Rumore in from Tromix for his re-creation of the tri gas system AR so I would hope he states he's just assembling someone elses creation.

The Socom Forum has always been low key and slower paced. Devoted to only one caliber with a smaller base of support, it doesn't draw or sustain a lot of the things that cause problems here.

We may never know if he tries to give Marty credit, because of the show's editors. Less facts and more Tannerite.

Just saying, the show could add .458 users. Advertizing is almost always a good thing, especially the free kind.

1) It's TV. C'mon, people. It's not for those of us "in the know." It may help introduce some curious newbies.

2) TV shows are always behind the time curve. Unless it's news "happening now."

3) It HAS to have the "drama injection," because someone that usually watches soap operas isn't going to be glued to gun facts.

4) The formula requires:

a) arrogant boss. check.

B) pretty girl. check.

c) schlepping minions. check.

Guess this is why I often watch it but really dont like it, lol. Will and Stephanie piss me off!

I don't see why they couldn't sell the quad. It's just a machine gun. The flame thrower was for a Medal of Honor recipient. It was the one he carried in WWII and Red Jacket basically just made it functional again. Not sure if a flame thrower is classified as a destructive device or whatnot.

Flame throwers aren't classified as anything. They aren't fire arms and aren't destructive devices. No permits or stamps are required at all to manufacture or sell them.

Mike

Guest bkelm18
Flame throwers aren't classified as anything. They aren't fire arms and aren't destructive devices. No permits or stamps are required at all to manufacture or sell them.

Mike

Good to know. I didn't think they were but you never know these days.