The Great Tennessee Air Show 2008 at Smyrna Airport

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last one here was about two years ago.Took the bit:censored: ..err the girlfriend at the time and parked in a strip club parking lot thats at the foot of the run way in my convertible.Had the best seat in the house ^_^

Guest Todd@CIS

As former USAF it pains me to say this, but the Navy's Blue Angels put on a better show than the Air Force's ThunderBirds. :D

I always have the best seat in the house...

Edited by Todd@CIS
Guest GUTTERbOY

I'll be there, probably Saturday... though I might go up Sunday, camp that night, and hang out at the airport Monday morning to get photos of planes leaving. I'm somewhat miffed because the weather kept me from getting up to Sevierville for the warbird fly-in last weekend.

I'm an avowed airshow junkie, and it's been too damned long since I went to one last fall. And in case you're wondering just how much of a junkie I am, I'm planning to fly to Cali for the MCAS Miramar show this fall. :D Last fall I flew to Virginia for the Oceana show.

s0zlhv.jpg

fbz0wy.jpg

245g8w1.jpg

33xkh7k.jpg

:eek:

Guest Todd@CIS

Gutterboy, beautiful photos.

When I was USAF, I loved sitting by the runway watching the birds take off (F15s and B1Bs were always my favorite...the F22 was still the X22 and very TS).

Edited by Todd@CIS
Guest GUTTERbOY
Gutterboy, beautiful photos.

When I was USAF, I loved sitting by the runway watching the birds take off (F15s and B1Bs were always my favorite...the F22 was still the X22 and very TS).

Glad you liked them- I sure enjoyed the heck out of taking them.

Since you mentioned the Raptor, anyone who's not seen what this bird can do should try and get down to Dobbins ARB this fall. It will absolutely blow you away.

http://www.kbvp.com/extreme-videos/NEW-F-22-Raptor-demo-2008-pilot-Max-Moga-Narrates

Guest GUTTERbOY

I'm sure there are people somewhere who would post those and get pissed for someone using them as wallpaper, but I'm not one of them. I don't make profit off them, it's purely a hobby, knock yourself out.

Guest GUTTERbOY
I can't count how many P51 models I made as a kid and a young man. The F15 was up there as well. I would have to say the Mustang was my favorite WWII plane, then the Thunderbolt, Corsair and Wildcat. Thanks for that fantastic picture.

I had the great joy of flying this SNJ last fall in Peachtree City. Jim Buckley, the owner, was a great guy and definitely a great pilot, and he was nice enough to let me stay on the stick for most of our hop.

2h3rk9z.jpg

This fall, I wanna save up the cash and fly the Dixie Wing's P-51, "Red Nose." I might die of pleasure, though. :D

***edited to add gratuitous Merlin sounds***

[ame]

[/ame]