A moment of silent reflection please for our bovine brothers...

leroy

Saw this on Drudge this mornin: PETA Seeks Memorials to Cows Killed on Ill. Roads .

Now brother creatures, lets have a moment of silence in memory of our bovine brothers (...and sisters...) killed in action on the way to the feed lot and ultimately to the slaughterhouse. This is real good stuff!!!

leroy --- spiritual brother to the noble bovine. May they rest in peace and not be forgotten by the nutty among us!!!

Edited by leroy
spellin!!!!
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seeking a memorial built for all those deer killed on railroad tracks. Poor critters

can't help it with my bright headlights. Oh, and cows, too!

Brother and sister bovine fanciers, 6.8 may be on to somethin big here. We (...and PETA, obviously; and callously i might add....)may be thinkin too small here. We may need to extend this memorial to all ruminants (...i'm sure it will include the noble bovine(s) that started this revelation...). We could petition PETA to expand this memorial to all ruminants who have been struck down. Here is a quick list i've compiled of them:

1. The original bovines covered by the Illinois PETA group.

2. 6.8 AR's deer struck on the railroad tracks; along with cows.

3. The great moose, elk, and caribou (...terrible spellin...) struck on the railroad tracks by the Canadian National RR.

4. Ruminants run over like reindeer and those in item 3. above by "ice road truckers".

5. All creatures (...regardless of whether they are ruminants or not...) struck down by beer trucks as pointed out by Mc and Mike.

4. Other creatures deemed worthy that are outside the "ruminant" ranks. The squirrel, racoon, and opossum come to mind immediately. All struck down by careless (...or mean...) drivers.

There have to be others. Let's get together and round this list out so we can petition PETA to get to work on this. I sense some great vibes here!! It could be the beginnin of something big. Brother and sister TGO'ers; lets do something for the animal kingdom here!!

leroy

Thank the good Lord for groups like PETA...without them, identifying the kooks and weirdos among us would be so much more difficult than it is now!!!

I do abhor cruelty to animals and don't like that way most "factory farms" treat them; it just isn't like it was when my grandfather and father farmed. That said, some of these groups are just so over the top that you can't help but wonder how their members got that way. :D

Guest WyattEarp

Wonder if theyre gonna make me build one for all the quail, pheasant and rabbits ive shot over the years?

This just really is not productive by PETA. Their time could be going to something seriously more worthwhile.

Wonder if theyre gonna make me build one for all the quail, pheasant and rabbits ive shot over the years?

This just really is not productive by PETA. Their time could be going to something seriously more worthwhile.

Check out their website Earpie. They're nuttier than a squirrel turd. Like so many of those types of organizations, they are over the top, even though they probably did some good in the beginning.

I forgot to mention the brainy opossum that

have short tails. The less brainy ones are

called rail greasers. Put them in there, Leroy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin Team
Are you from Texas? :D
No, but I did spend two of the longest years of my life in the worst city in the Union, Houston when that little "energy" company decided that their sign wasn't the only thing that was crooked.

Couldn't get a pulled pork sandwich or a glass of sweet tea anywhere, so I left.

Being a card carrying member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) I recall fondly not just the cattle I've cooked, but also the Bambies I've lambasted, the turkeys I've trepidated, the squirrels I've sniped, the rabbits I've wrecked, the doves I've de-feathered, the ducks I've dunked, the geese I've goosed and the swine I've swooned over. And the best memorial I can give any of them is to continue to live well from the nourishment they've given not just my body, but indeed my very heart and soul. So here's to them: BUUUUUUURP! (Damn, that was some good eatin'!) :)

Guest Lester Weevils

Hi Leroy

Saw a link to it some years ago on a songwriter/musician forum. The fellow is an activist, but it is a cute song when one is in the proper mood. My favorite line is the end-hook-- "Chickens in choppers."

If Dana Lyon's bio web page is to be believed, the song got more exposure than I'd have expected.

link-- Dana Lyons Background

Singer of the worldwide smash hit COWS WITH GUNS:

#1 For The Year on Dr. Demento

#2 on Australian Country Charts

10 months on Seattle’s Top 40

6 months on Ireland’s Top 40

“Leader of a moo-vement...Catapulted to cult status.†—The Portland Oregonian