What is(are) your New Year's Resolution(s)?

mav

I posted one of these last year. I did halfway decent or really sh**y depending on how you look at it on last year's resolution. I only bought four-five guns.

This year's resolution as I stated in another area of the forum is to really cut back on my knife buying. I have one gun and two knives that I have already committed to buying, meaning they were preordered and/or already paid for. Outside of those, I don't plan on buying anything else except a lot of ammo to shoot and maybe one additional gun.

What are your New Year's Resolutions?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am buying more ammo and not shooting it all. I suspect the price will go up around election time. I want to have plenty before that crazy ***** happens. If the market goes nuts again, i may sale a few guns next year.....Oh, and i'll probably do what i can to make sure O****** doesn't get elected again. This will probably include some volunteer work with the local republicans.

Guest WyattEarp

Just to continue on this path that ive been on, continue getting good grades so i make sure i graduate college on time, land an internship with the nfl or some big company to get some good work experience in my career field. Keep working on the things i want to improve or do better.

One of the things I really want to do but it depends on if I get the Nfl internship or not. If I dont get it, then I want to spend my summer doing a local internship, which I have several to choose from, but in my free time when I am not doing my internship, I want to spend some time volunteering with the police department and working with troubled kids to help them turn their lives around before its too late. I talked about doing it last semester, but my semester was just way too busy to commit to it. If I dont get to do it this summer, then I will be doing it the summer after I graduate while I am seeking employment :)

So many haven given to me and made a difference in my life, and I want to give back by helping young kids out to not make the mistakes I have made in my life when I was young and dumb and head strong.

I made some resolutions last year that I actually made progress following (unlike most years) and intend to keep on with those.

1. Losing weight is a perennial one for me but I did lose 23lbs last year and plan to continue through 2012 as well.

2. While I've usually done pretty well with my fiannces, I was never good at keepign records until last year so I'll continue that as well this coming year and resovle to not only make a realistic budget but keep to it!

3. I also resolved last year to take steps toward real emergency prepardness and I've done that with a lot more to do...same thing with better security for my home...I'll continue both this year.

4. Finally, I resolved last year to spend some significant time and money in more advanced firearms training; I completed the two day "Fighting Pistol" course at Tactical Response last year and took a one day "Fighting Pistol" and one day "Fighting Carbine" course from "Sealed Mindset" (a two day event in Atlanta sponsered by Armed American Radio). I'm not sure what courses I'll be taking this year but I want to accomplish at least a much this coming year as I did last year.

Of course, goals or resolutins are pretty meaningless without a action plan to make them happen so THAT action plan is what I plan to work on and have done by the January 8th. :D