Vortex 4-12 scope on sale for $69

Gear Hog has this scope on sale for $69 + shipping, which is supposedly (and looks like it is) a little over half off. Vortex Optics - Crossfire 4-12x40 V-Plex Reticle

Is it really that "special" of a deal, or do comparable deals on this type of scope pop up every now and then? I'm also thinking that this is a little too powerful for a 5.56 AR.

My mosin needs a pistol scope, my .22 came with a cheap 3x9, and the AR probably needs a 2x__ (?). But if this truly is a pretty good scope at a very rare price, I could almost justify a little of the Christmas cash I was given, in anticipation of finding a suitable platform for it down the road sometime.... :screwy:

Anyway hopefully someone else can take advantage of the deal at least. If you're not signed up, sign up a GearHog.com. It's like Groupon but it's all outdoor/gun gear.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do not know about the crossfire line, i know there Viper PST is in high demand and i have a Viper HS, that i am very happy with.

4 x 12 is alot of power but really depends on what you are using for.

the AR that shoot the most has a 1.5 x 4.5 VX-3

my 6,8 build has the Vortex Viper HS 2.5 x 10 for deer hunting it has a 30mm tube

my long range F class has a Weaver tactical 5 x 20, 30mm tube it was a little more power than i wanted, but they give me a great deal on it.

i hope soon to have a 1 x 5 on my 18" soon. it well competition gun also.

Guest hawkeye10

I have heard of people having trouble with Crossfire line of scopes but Vortex really stands behind their scopes. On several occasions I have heard that Vortex has upgraded a customer from a Crossfire scope to the Viper scope for free. Knowing what good customer service they have I wouldn't be scared to try a Crossfire scope. Don

Well, I've heard about issues with the Crossfire line, as well. But, I had my first experience with Vortex customer service on Friday and I was VERY impressed. Bought a Viper and could NOT get it on paper using my SiteLite laser boresighter. Called Vortex and was immediately put on the phone with a tech person who was extremely helpful. He walked me through every possibility before we ruled out the scope as the problem. Probably spent 30 minutes on the phone and, at the end of the conversation, he said, "if it turns out not to be the boresight, just call me and we'll take a look at the scope, our expense."

Can't ask for anything more than that. I'd try the Crossfire if I thought the specs met my needs.