Baaaad Dan Wesson .357

graycrait

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gray:_____________

I like it!!! I had no idea they did aftermarket stuff for them. Cant wait to hear the range report. We've got a "stock" Dan Wesson 8" full lug, VR model 22 long rifle. It shoots like a rifle. The old Dan Wessons are great things!!

leroy

Guest TresOsos

I agree old Dan Wesson's are great and I really like revolvers I have several myself but that has got to be the fugliest atrocity I've seen in a long time.

It even makes a Glock look good. Sorry no offense meant but I'm not known for pulling punches. I do hope is shoots well because its not going to win any beauty contest.

While the utility and accuracy of the DW revolver has always impressed me it’s just never looked as good as an S&W. As a result my bias kept me from ever purchasing one, I still don’t know if I’d purchase one if it were available. One thing though is certain, no matter how tongue in cheek your current endeavor is, it does little to make the DW look anymore classy. Still, after knowing you for a while I’ve little doubt it will be a highly successful project as well as a lot of fun. I’ll sit down at my Dillon 550 soon and load up some .357 Magnum’s and get with you this spring.

I never thought much about DW revolvers, even after I worked on one for a fella. Then I acquired the 6" standard barrel 15-2 and started to read about them. Apparently the long barrel ones, seeing as all DW barrels are "tensioned," were extremely accurate in long distance handgun shooting. The hammer arc travel distance is supposed to be shorter than in a Ruger, Colt or S&W I believe, therefore lock time was apparently a bit quicker too. It might be educational if not just amusing to see if the flash hider does anything on the 2.5 or 6" barrel.

Guest Lester Weevils

My two fireball guns are the S&W 586 and the .223 PLR-16. Well, with a flash hider the PLR-16 doesn't have much of a fireball near dusk.

I don't mind a fireball. For recreational purposes it is actually a little fun. But maybe a flash hider would actually be useful on a .357 if one is using fireball powder like Blue Dot.

"Loud as hell" I like that. I have never seen a flash hider in operation with any revolver. For 20.00 I thought, "Why not?" The DW barrel attachment method allows experimentation that doesn't require sending the gun to the factory to rebarrel. Maybe with those short barrel rounds in .38 (I think Speer makes some) that it might further reduce flash. Whether it is just a figment in "my brain" I swear that the flash hider on my 6.5" Lone Wolf barrel in my Glock 17L helps. It likely is an experiment in futility with the DW,but you never know until you try it. I also like the guy who makes the parts, he has made parts for my favorite S&W .22 pistols. So when chance landed the not mint DW in my lap I said "Here is an opportunity for some experimentation that won't cost much." Quite unlike my '91 F150 with the Mustang engine, Flow Masters and serious leakage (locals call it The Exxon Valdez).

Guest Synghyn

You do do unique, I'll give you that.

I like the looks of a normal stubby, this, well not so much. Glad you can have fun playing though, I'd get a kick out of shooting it too.

Jon