NYC arrests another HCP holder (this one from TN)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid is as stupid does. I don't like big cities. A handgun won't do you much good their. It's too crowded. I would be near impossible to get a clean shot with nothing behind the target. It also close quarters. They would be on you before you could draw. A handgun in a crowded city like that is nothin'but trouble.

The comments are amazing. So many people are saying "oh she didn't know," "it was an honest mistake," blah blah mblah. Ignorance is not an excuse. Imagine if our justice system worked that way.

"Oh I didn't know she was only 16." Honest mistake.... Next time I'll check her ID

Guest FHTMcrt

I feel bad for her, but, with the HCP comes the responsibility to know the laws when one travels out of state. I'm not an attorney, but I can't think of a defense for her.

Guest archerdr1

She probably thought that since the House passed National reciprocity that it was law and thereby ok... maybe she doesn't know how legilation works, but the NRA sent out all kinds of emails about the National reciprocity passing the house and if one didn't know better....I.E. didn't pay attention in high school Social Studies, I could see how one could think that it became law from those emails.

Guest BobPayne44

just saw on the news CH5 where a girl was arrested in new york at the 911 memorial for felony gun possession

she was at the memorial and noticed a sign that said no weapons and she turned and asked an officer where she could check her gun

and was arrested and booked on a felony facing 3-4 yrs if convicted

wonder how this will play out she is a 3rd year nursing student.