Anyone home brew their own beer? Or other beverages?

Guest USMC 2013

Guest USMC 2013

I'm looking to take the plunge and get into home brewing, but maybe some of the stiffer stuff too. Anyone around the Clarksville area home brew? In short, I need a mentor, or maybe someone that would be willing to let me look over their shoulder while they do up a batch. Shoot me an email, or PM, if you're brewing anytime soon. Thanks,

Fidel

931-802-5565

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

used to brew (cheap vodka 5 o'clock was great for cleaning) A bit to far to go. It is not hard keep everything clean, Ex-wife started brew and grow in MI (feds are a pain in the ...) feel free to pm me with any questions if you want.

I used to do a lot of homebrewing. Just don't have the time anymore. It was a lot of fun and made some great brew!!! Go for it. Its not difficult to do. Get some simple brews kits first i.e. ales. I used to make a cream ale that tasted just like Little Kings and my Hefe Wiezens were awesome!!!

A good place to get recipe kits is www.ebrew.com . The have full kits for various types of brews.

You can get equipment all over the web. Lots of options out there equipment wise, just don't go for the cheapest one you see. Mid range equipment kits are the qay to go.

Have fun and let us know how it goes. If you need a sampler, let me know!!!!!

Guest lostpass

All you need for good homebrew is bleach, yeast, sugar, hops and patience. I've done it before and it is the best beer I've ever drank.

But it does take work and time, it is easy work (repetitive though) but you can get some great stuff for much cheaper than you could get from the store. Just try it, no better teacher than experience.