Gun reform on the back burner in the upcoming session.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

While the Senate wants to pursue a bill to allow carry permit holders to leave their guns in their workplace parking lots, House leaders said guns won't be a priority.

I'm shocked (not) to hear we're not going to be a priority, again. It seems obvious to me that we don't make enough noise with our State Legislators. They seem to be hard of hearing and need us to get louder and more consistant in our calls for them to follow the Constitution and stop trampling on our RTKBA.

I also took note of the subtle editorializing with the statement "leave their guns in their workplace parking lots". Yeah, that was the goal, lets leave guns laying around the parking lots.

Along that line, why are we talking about workplace parking lots? I want the right to keep my gun with me while I travel from place to place, not just work. People talk about property rights but allowing places to post parking areas also remove's our right to carry as we travel. Should property rights exceed our right to remain safe when off their property?

HCP holders need to take a line from the movies, "I'm mad as he** and I'm not going to take it anymore". Until then, enjoy watching as your rights are continually trampled by others, including those sworn to uphold the Constitution that acknowleges those rights.

It is a lot more sinister than them just not knowing, there is a dedicated intent to not bring up the word "gun" on the floor of the house at whatever cost. If the Bills get to the floor, they will pass, and those in charge know this to be so.

Till we can get the duck and deer hunters, IDPA guys, those who shoot sporting clays, skeet and trap, the new HCP holders and those who are buying guns by the thousands for protection to join with us and let the Legislature know that we are tired of being considered criminals by them, nothing is going to happen.

Leadership has decided that we do not merit their attention, and that the Constitution is simply their doormat, to be ignored.