I think I made a really bad mistake this evening.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe you've held out this long. I'm actually trying to strictly limit my time there anymore. It's like freaking smack. I don't have but a couple or three knives even cost over a c-note, but "wow, gotta have that for only 25 clams" addiction really adds up in a hurry, too.

- OS

Can't believe you've held out this long. I'm actually trying to strictly limit my time there anymore. It's like freaking smack. I don't have but a couple or three knives even cost over a c-note, but "wow, gotta have that for only 25 clams" addiction really adds up in a hurry, too.

- OS

I limit acquiring an excessive number of knives with the question - another box of ammo or another knife?

Eric you should also sign up with Jerzee Devils and USN (usual suspects network) you would be amazed at all the deals you will see between the three forums.

As long as you keep buying the type of knives that you are you will always get close if not more than what you paid for them Should you ever decide to sell.

Eric you should also sign up with Jerzee Devils and USN (usual suspects network) you would be amazed at all the deals you will see between the three forums.

As long as you keep buying the type of knives that you are you will always get close if not more than what you paid for them Should you ever decide to sell.

Thanks. Outside of my Sebenza, which will never be sold, and some of the ZTs, I am pretty sure I could make money on everything I have bought if I ever decide to sell them. I doubt I will ever get into any of the custom stuff unless I run across a really good deal. From what I have seen, a lot of the custom stuff is incredibly expensive and difficult to move unless it is a high demand item.

Thanks. Outside of my Sebenza, which will never be sold, and some of the ZTs, I am pretty sure I could make money on everything I have bought if I ever decide to sell them. I doubt I will ever get into any of the custom stuff unless I run across a really good deal. From what I have seen, a lot of the custom stuff is incredibly expensive and difficult to move unless it is a high demand item.

Actually I have made a lot of money moving my customs. I was offered much more than I paid for them that is why I sold some Hinderers and RJ Martins. As much as I liked them and wanted to keep them, the money offered was just to much to turn down. This does not apply to all knives but there certainly are a few that if you are lucky enough to get them for what the maker charges that you can make quite a bit of money from

I'm seeing a vision of Eric's New Year's Resolution list.

Of course "quit buying so many knives" probably has as much chance of succeeding as last year's "quit buying so many guns". ;)

You know me all too well. ;)

Crap. More competition on the Blade Exchange. I guess I'll have to learn to type "I'll take it" faster now.

Well, you definitely said it faster on the small Sebe on this forum. I can't believe I missed it. Damn it. :)

Guest 22-rimfire

Bladeforums and Knifeforums are both good. Knifeforums was just sold to the folks that own Blade Magazine.

As far as resisting the urge to buy another knife even though you need it like a hole in the head, good luck. I have not found a way to do that as long as I'm working. If I'm not working, I'm very unhappy. Selling is something that is problematic for me. I guess I could post on the forums for sale, but it seldom occurs to me. The unused knives just get tossed in a box... but all neatly cataloged. :popcorn:

• 2 weeks later...

Geeze, you have to stay on top of the Knife Exchange in order to get some good deals. I picked that Starbenza and Startac 18 minutes after it was posted. I saw something else today that sold within 3 minutes of its posting.

Geeze, you have to stay on top of the Knife Exchange in order to get some good deals. I picked that Starbenza and Startac 18 minutes after it was posted. I saw something else today that sold within 3 minutes of its posting.

You really do have to stay on top of it. I've kind of gotten obsessed with finding an older Umnum and a small Insingo Sebenza. If you don't catch them as soon as they post you probably won't get it.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I'm on there too.

I actually had to delete the shortcut on my iPhone to the knives for sale.

I need to delete the EBay app too.

On a good note I did pick up a set of Kevin Wilkins G10 scales for my Mini Griptilian last night...