Ron Paul is in The Fight of His Life, We Must Stand With Him!

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Ron Paul.

Probably the best chance against Obama. Now if the rest of the population could just see this.

Oh, I'm not new to RP, 2008 he was an unknown, yet i supported him, Now he's not just a face in the crowd. He's a contender, a threat to the establishment. And even if he dosen't win, the wheels of Liberty are turning in more peoples minds than ever before.

Best to beat Obama? I doubt it; more likely the worst of the lot in terms of a mtach-up against Obama.

I'd vote for RP if he had the nomination, however, I have two big problems with him...

1. His foreign policy

2. His refusal to state that he WILL not run on a third-party ticket should he not get the R nomination which would all but guarantee a second term for Obummer.

Well, he's been endorsed by Stormfront, so he's got that going for him. :)

Let Iran get the bomb and let Israel fend for itself - and Newt gets called zany? There goes the Jewish vote, btw.

And now that the years of racist newsletters are being bandied about, there goes any of the black electorate that may be willing to defect to him. And much of any of the now disgruntled white voter percentage that went with O for no other reason than to show they weren't racist.

But it doesn't matter, he never had a real chance, just a bigger blip on the radar this time than usual because the rest of the GOP field is not only as weak as four years ago, just more of them to scatter the support. Everybody's still looking for the non-Mitt and Paul's poll surges are after all about only Iowa right now -- sometimes things play there that can't even get a booking elsewhere. Ask Mike Huckabee, for example.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Best to beat Obama? I doubt it; more likely the worst of the lot in terms of a mtach-up against Obama.

I'd vote for RP if he had the nomination, however, I have two big problems with him...

1. His foreign policy

2. His refusal to state that he WILL not run on a third-party ticket should he not get the R nomination which would all but guarantee a second term for Obummer.

I'm sure the dumbocrats would like a three way race.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Folks, You don't have to like everything about Ron Paul. The whole point is to elect someone who can do the job, not just be able to read a teleprompter or look good! If you like everything about Dr. Paul, except his foreign policy, than that is more check marks in the Pro column than the Con column.

Well, he's been endorsed by Stormfront, so he's got that going for him. :rant:

Let Iran get the bomb and let Israel fend for itself - and Newt gets called zany? There goes the Jewish vote, btw.

And now that the years of racist newsletters are being bandied about, there goes any of the black electorate that may be willing to defect to him. And much of any of the now disgruntled white voter percentage that went with O for no other reason than to show they weren't racist.

But it doesn't matter, he never had a real chance, just a bigger blip on the radar this time than usual because the rest of the GOP field is not only as weak as four years ago, just more of them to scatter the support. Everybody's still looking for the non-Mitt and Paul's poll surges are after all about only Iowa right now -- sometimes things play there that can't even get a booking elsewhere. Ask Mike Huckabee, for example.

- OS

His racist comments will bother a lot more people than the black vote, might as well mention his recent hateful comments on Jay Leno. If you read other articles about Paul besides what he feeds his supporters you will find more cons than pros.

Ron Paul knew about his newsletters before he forgot about them | The Right Scoop

The American Spectator : Ron Paul's Submissive Side

Rightbloggers Close Ranks Against Ron Paul, The Wrong Kind of Small-Government Conservative - New York News - Runnin' Scared

"Ron Paul is POTUS and the day he takes office Iran, Syria and Egypt all attack Israel. Israel handles it themselves as Ron says they should. The middle east explodes into war for a solid month. Stock market collapses, oil shoots up to record highs, Israel Nukes Iran the war ends but NO oil is leaving the middle east because lanes of travel are closed. Paul says open up drilling here to create jobs and decrease our dependency on Middle east oil. BUT, the environmentalists, progressive democrats in several oil producing states take the feds to court (Granted by constitutional challenge of the feds by the states) How does a Ron Paul handle the chaos of the 79 gas crisis coupled with a nation of lawyers with opposing views of the constitution?"

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2011/11/foreign-aid-0

Folks, You don't have to like everything about Ron Paul. The whole point is to elect someone who can do the job, not just be able to read a teleprompter or look good! If you like everything about Dr. Paul, except his foreign policy, than that is more check marks in the Pro column than the Con column.

This may be a true statement if all check marks are weighted equally. However I put a lot of merit if foreign policy, especially when referring to Israel's security and Iran getting a nuke.

Plus I just don't buy this whole Global collapse conspiracy theory that he subscribes to and supports on Alex Jones radio show. Now some of it may be true, yes, but not to the extreme these guys preach.

Plus he's not electable. That's been covered already.

Keeifer, your just as bad as the MSM regurgitating the same ole nonsense that is untruthful.

My links are hardly MSM, and if RP was a serious threat to BHO the MSM would all over this story. One story I ran across was when RP walked off a CNN interview when pressured on the subject.

It doesn't matter to me what happened in the past there's too many issues about him that I don't like and the more I search the more I find.

Something I also found is Paul is discredited on both liberal and conservative sites but Santorum is extremely hated on liberal sites and praised on conservative sites. :rant:

Maybe I missed it, but OS's post doesn't mentioned foreign policy at all.... So again what exactly about his foreign policy is bad?

I only mentioned two minor points, no aid to Israel and hands off Iran, let em get the bomb if they can. Enough for me.

Anyway, all the current sure in the polls is just about Iowa, only place his show is gonna fill the house. And it may not be SRO only there, either.

Caucus is much different from primary -- people actually show up and talk, speak in front of the assemblage for candidates. Each one can last an hour or two, whole assemblage can be swayed in that time, etc. Much more of a crap shoot compared to the pre-polling than an actual primary. And to top it all off, the results are non-binding to the state GOP convention which eventually casts the votes that count toward national GOP nominating process.

I predict that even if he wins Iowa caucus, it will be only "primary" he does win, and won't wind up getting the nod from Iowa state GOP in the longrun in any account.

- OS

2008 IOWA Caucus Results

[TABLE=class: candidate-percentages-table, width: 285]

[TR]

[TH=class: align-left, colspan: 2, align: left]Candidate[/TH]

[TH=class: align-right, align: right]Vote[/TH]

[TH=class: align-right, align: right]Percent[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR=class: first-row]

[TD]past_results_checkmark.png?1324421056[/TD]

[TD]Mike Huckabee[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]40,841[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]34.4%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Mitt Romney[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]29,949[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]25.2%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Fred Thompson[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]15,904[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]13.4%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]John McCain[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]15,559[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]13.1%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Ron Paul[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]11,817[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]10.0%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Rudy Giuliani[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]4,097[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]3.5%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Others[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]529[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]0.4%[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Keeifer, your just as bad as the MSM regurgitating the same ole nonsense that is untruthful.

5:04 minute mark

So, what's your point? Kieffer's reference is valid,

isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may be a true statement if all check marks are weighted equally. However I put a lot of merit if foreign policy, especially when referring to Israel's security and Iran getting a nuke.

Plus I just don't buy this whole Global collapse conspiracy theory that he subscribes to and supports on Alex Jones radio show. Now some of it may be true, yes, but not to the extreme these guys preach.

Plus he's not electable. That's been covered already.

Ok, so you're King, how exactly do you stop Iran from getting a nuke?

You can't bomb the targets, for a number of reasons... The air defense systems over Iran are top of the line from us, Russia, and China... even if you spent 10-14 days knocking out the air defenses, and fighting off the fairly minor Iranian air force... you'll then have to spend weeks if not months hitting all of these sites, some of which you'll have to hit over and over again and still might not knock out... At the end of the day an air only campaign buys you maybe 18-24 month delay in Iran getting a nuke.

So you're left with a full out ground invasion... Iran is a lot bigger and better armed than Iraq was in 2003, you're looking at needed 350,000 troops to invade, and probably 4-5% causalities, it would probably take us 8 to 12 weeks just to 'defeat' the Iranian army... secure the nuke sites and get rid of everything.... Projected cost... 650-750 BILLION dollars, and that is assuming we don't go into nation building mode and try to rebuild the place after we're done tearing it up.

So where do you find 350,000 combat troops with us fighting a war in Afghanistan? How do you keep China and Russia out of a shooting war when we invade Iran? How much trouble does invading Iran stir up in South America? How much terrorism do they start here?

What do you do about Iran for the months it takes us to knock out their air force and military? What stops them from firing chemical and dirty bomb tipped missiles at Israel? Or even better yet US troops in Afghanistan, allies in Europe?

Even if you talk Israel into sitting on the side lines as they get pelted with missiles... Iran will hit Kuwait, UAE, and SA with missiles, air strikes (maybe), as well as convert action forces... The Iranians will release 10's of thousands of anti-ship mines into the Gulf, and effectively stop oil production in that part of the world.

We can win that war... what it costs us in lives and treasures is unknown, but it will hurt us a great deal economically period.

At the end of the day, we're not going to attack Iran to stop them from getting a nuke... anybody running for the GOP nomination knows that, they're just towing the party line on Iran to get votes... Ron Paul is the only one up there who says it's not practical to invade Iran to stop them from getting a nuke and we should try a different route...

Frankly, I don't see eye to eye with Ron Paul on foreign policy, but his arguments are based on facts and he tells it like he sees it... which can not be said for Romney, or Newt who tell us what we want to hear to get our votes...

Just remember Huckabee had the second highest number of delegates in 2008, Romney came in third.

2008 IOWA Caucus Results

[TABLE=class: candidate-percentages-table, width: 285]

[TR]

[TH=class: align-left, colspan: 2, align: left]Candidate[/TH]

[TH=class: align-right, align: right]Vote[/TH]

[TH=class: align-right, align: right]Percent[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR=class: first-row]

[TD]past_results_checkmark.png?1324421056[/TD]

[TD]Mike Huckabee[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]40,841[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]34.4%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Mitt Romney[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]29,949[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]25.2%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Fred Thompson[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]15,904[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]13.4%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]John McCain[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]15,559[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]13.1%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Ron Paul[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]11,817[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]10.0%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Rudy Giuliani[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]4,097[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]3.5%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Others[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]529[/TD]

[TD=class: align-right, align: right]0.4%[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Ron Pauls campaign is gaining strength every day and no matter how hard the MSM trys to attack and discredit Dr. Paul. In the end all that will do is discredit the MSM and cause tremendous blow back.

Edited by StreetWK05