Some People Need To Get A Life

As the name implies, my shop is over on the east side of Nashville. This area has undergone a "revitalization" especially bringing the terminally hip from NY and CA here and paying insane prices for houses that were by-the-week about 15 years ago.

One unfortunate tendency is for such people to feel like they can dictate to business owners and others how they should conduct their business. If they find it objectionable (e.g. pawn shops, quick cash, title loans, adult stores, c-stores) then they want to pass legislation and lobby the city council to shut it down.

Sometimes it just goes too far. Here in its entirety is a letter to the neighborhood list-serve:

To: East Nashville <East-Nashville@googlegroups.com> Subject: [East Nashville] ORANGE GUN SHOW BILLBOARD Date: Thursday, April 03, 2008 02:57:56 PM [View Source]Driving down main street this morning toward downtown, I was really

aggrevated to see a bright orange neon billboard advertising a TN gun

show in a few weeks. I thought there were new rules on Gallatin road

regarding what could go up - I am all for individual rights, but

really - there is no one using guns for game hunting in east

nashville.

Any ideas on how we can get it removed?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SUNTZU

Tell her that you'll have it taken down by whatever date is one month after the gun show is over. She'll wonder about your political connections since you got results so fast. :mad:

someone needs to inform Danielle that guns have many other uses than for hunting game. Really hunting is about the last reason I would use for owning guns.

Sounds like a typical east coast libtard.

I did not know Nashville was a relocation destination for them types.

Guest mikedwood

"I'm all for individual rights and all, except for the ones I'm against."

I understand The Rabbi, they are the kind that leave their cities because the taxes are so high and then so many of them move south for lower taxes and such only to get active and get taxes raised because they want more services, and clean up the town also.

I visit a town in Florida and as of a year ago you can't park your own boat in your own driveway, cause it's ugly or something. Taxes have gone from $321 a year on my Girlfriends mom's home to over $3,000 per year on the same home if she weren't grandfathered in.

Sorry you are having to deal with the Stepford families in Nashville also.

Guest atomemphis

I did not know Nashville was a relocation destination for them types.

There are tremendous amount of west coasters in and around nashville now, thanks to the god awful music industry and all that goes with it.

These are the folks wearing the ridiculous looking glasses, odd hair cuts, weird shirts, pants designed for the opposite sex and hang out at Starbucks being "hip". $8 coffee, my ass.

Guest Turner
There are tremendous amount of west coasters in and around nashville now, thanks to the god awful music industry and all that goes with it.

These are the folks wearing the ridiculous looking glasses, odd hair cuts, weird shirts, pants designed for the opposite sex and hang out at Starbucks being "hip". $8 coffee, my ass.

I didn't move here from the west coast but I did move here for the God awful industry you speak of, let's be careful who you want to include in your post you just might like some of them.

Guest atomemphis

I do like quite a few of them, but I have no interest with people who don't get involved in the state the reside in but would rather converse with me about how great L.A. is. Perhaps that is just the new trend in Brentwood/Franklin (My hometown) though.

Guest Turner
I do like quite a few of them, but I have no interest with people who don't get involved in the state the reside in but would rather converse with me about how great L.A. is. Perhaps that is just the new trend in Brentwood/Franklin (My hometown) though.

:cheers: I get where your going.

• Administrator

I'm the guy sitting at Starbucks with a 1911 hidden under his shirt. Not everyone who enjoys the coffee and atmosphere there are metrosexual anti-gunners. :cheers:

Ok, Rabbi...now let's see the response you sent her. :cheers:

Sure.

Someone wrote back and said "you can't be serious." Here's my response:

Yes. She is serious.

If it had been a bright orange sign advertising a new Thai take-out place with pedicures, that would be OK. But because a gun show doesn't fit into her little world view of what people "need" or "don't need" then it is offensive to her. And that means lobbying to get it removed. I mean, gosh, we can't have orange signs that actually attract people's attention, can we? That would be, like, totally gross!

Bill Bernstein

Eastside Gun Shop

More guns, less Thai.....

Kinda like the neighborhood around our church. With the downtown boom, a bunch of 20 somethings are tripling house prices and putting "No Race Track" signs in their yards (we are by the fairgrounds). I've even heard some rumblings about the gun shows at the fairgrounds. They want to make it a green parkway! The folks who have lived there 50 yrs just don't understand.

It's as if they think, "Hey here's a quaint little neighborhood we can save from these people." then they forget that they move out all those folks who were there.

Guest Hooker

I mean seriously what are we thinking intruding in her world!

Im not into hunting game in East Nashville but Im not against shooting an occasional can. Think she would mind?