New tattoo. Slightly TGO related.

Well I've been wanting another tattoo for awhile and I have rules about tattoos so I keep them limited. The rules are simple, it must mean something to me very deeply. It just be something that i will not regret when my arms are no longer as muscular and my grandkids ask why grandpa has that. I want it to tell a story and for that story to mean something. That being said here is my idea and why... tattoo.JPG

The Punisher skull has alot of meaning to me as it is a character I identify with on great levels. The drive for justice, the hatred of crime, the protector of innocents. I always loved those values, even though he was a "vigilante". Of course, Molon Labe. The Spartan battle cry, the roar of a group of warriors who in two words proclaimed we will fight to the death and you will never take our freedom from us. All of you can imagine why this is important to a gun owner, and old Army man. So what do you boys and girls think?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I bet tattoo artists are very busy since the 300 movie has come about.

Why do you figure that? I don't think I noticed any tattoos in the movie, and ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ has been around for... oh... about 3,000 years now.

Guest db99wj

Wow, from an idea for a tattoo, to a Mod initiated delete due to obscene material (which has peaked my interest nonetheless) to shaving ones back, to a lame but funny joke! All within 11 posts, boy, we sure did grow up fast!!:cool:

Guest jackdog

Hey I like it, who did the work???

Tungsten prehaps Molon Labe should be added to the TNgo logo. Besides it sounds a damn site better than from my dead hands.

Jackdog

Guest Shane
Why do you figure that? I don't think I noticed any tattoos in the movie, and ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ has been around for... oh... about 3,000 years now.

I figure that because this new movie has brought it all to light again. Many people are just learning about it because of the movie; they may research it and realize how much that phrase means to them.

• Administrator
I figure that because this new movie has brought it all to light again. Many people are just learning about it because of the movie; they may research it and realize how much that phrase means to them.

Eh. They never even uttered the Greek phrase in the movie, just normal old English "Come and get them". I guess if we see a bunch of people with Come and get them! tattooed on themselves in Old English font, we'll know what's up won't we?

I have taken the opportunity to import the significance of many of the powerful statements in the movie from their historical background, to anyone I converse with about the movie... It has really been quite fulfilling to bring it into perspective to some people who otherwise would not have looked for any deeper meaning.

Just because of those kind of opportunities, this movie is great. It may not build awareness, in and of itself, but it opens the door for relevant discussion.

Nice idea for a tat! I have 1 that I got when I was in the army..I haven't found any that meant any more than that one...I guess when I do I'll get another.

but I'm tempted with that one SSS...

As for history...its full of battles against incredible odds..not many match the battle of thermopyle (sp?)...simply because the spartans won!

I guess they knew the cost of freedom, right down to the women and children.