got a Coyote this afternoon

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get $100-$125 for a tanned Coyote pelt. I"ll take everyone that ya'll want to get rid of. It takes about a 1/2 day total to do a hide. I'll take everyone you want to give me! Bobkitties and Fox included! $100+ dollars a day? H#&^ Yeah!

Edited by wd-40
I get $100-$125 for a tanned Coyote pelt. I"ll take everyone that ya'll want to get rid of. It takes about a 1/2 day total to do a hide. I'll take everyone you want to give me! Bobkitties and Fox included! $100+ dollars a day? H#&^ Yeah!

Still leaves the question of, if a man goes through the trouble to tan hides, what's the best way to sell them?

Still leaves the question of, if a man goes through the trouble to tan hides, what's the best way to sell them?

I use E-Bay. Big City folk pay good money for this stuff. Bars, clubs and even individuals buy this stuff for decoration. I sell a ton of fish reproductions this way too.

Alot of my hide sales are also to black powder shooters. They use the hides for gear and clothing.

All I know is; there is money in hides. Especially "Tanned" ones. Fur buyers want "green" hides. That's because thier buyers have big tanneries and fur companys buy from them. A great deal of furs harvested in the US head overseas. Those aren't the people you want to deal with. We want the hobbiest, collector and overall generally nosie person to buy.

Alot of people that portray Mountainmen, Long Hunters and American Indians Need and want hides, but may not have places to hunt. There is a source!

I have about 15 tanned deer hides right now (will be on e-bay shortly). I get 55.00 per hide hair on, 60.00 for buckskin leather. I get plum sick when I see people throw deer hides away. They must be rich people and not need the money. I look at it like this....Buy a Lottery ticket, scratch it off, win 100 dollars....then throw it away or give it to me!

My whole point is....take a half day of your time, and turn that hide into MONEY! Remember, when selling on any auction site (or even here on TGO) have your buyer pay shipping.

No matter where you sell, or what you sell....be a "Man of your Word", deliver WHAT you promise, WHEN you promise and HOW you promise!

Happy Tanning...

Dave

Edited by wd-40
I use E-Bay. Big City folk pay good money for this stuff. Bars, clubs and even individuals buy this stuff for decoration. I sell a ton of fish reproductions this way too.

Alot of my hide sales are also to black powder shooters. They use the hides for gear and clothing.

All I know is; there is money in hides. Especially "Tanned" ones. Fur buyers want "green" hides. That's because thier buyers have big tanneries and fur companys buy from them. A great deal of furs harvested in the US head overseas. Those aren't the people you want to deal with. We want the hobbiest, collector and overall generally nosie person to buy.

Alot of people that portray Mountainmen, Long Hunters and American Indians Need and want hides, but may not have places to hunt. There is a source!

I have about 15 tanned deer hides right now (will be on e-bay shortly). I get 55.00 per hide hair on, 60.00 for buckskin leather. I get plum sick when I see people throw deer hides away. They must be rich people and not need the money. I look at it like this....Buy a Lottery ticket, scratch it off, win 100 dollars....then throw it away or give it to me!

My whole point is....take a half day of your time, and turn that hide into MONEY! Remember, when selling on any auction site (or even here on TGO) have your buyer pay shipping.

No matter where you sell, or what you sell....be a "Man of your Word", deliver WHAT you promise, WHEN you promise and HOW you promise!

Happy Tanning...

Dave

Thanks Dave, good info there.

Guest SpicyMchaggis

I typically went to auctions after I accumulated enough. I personally got tired of dealing of mangey coyotes covered in ticks. Not enough return on my time unfortunately. Bobcats and foxes being the only real exceptions these days. WD40 I'm just down the road so if you're after some 'yotes, we can work something out.