One step closer to a job

well, i've been unemployed going on three months now. I found out some good news today. I was called for second round interviews. They have narrowed it down to two candidates now so hopefully I will get this job. My second interview isn't until Jan 3, but keeping my fingers crossed that it will go well.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck to you,

I have started dropping off résumés for positions that will put me under employed, market is dry in my area for positions I am qualified for.

well, i've been unemployed going on three months now. I found out some good news today. I was called for second round interviews. They have narrowed it down to two candidates now so hopefully I will get this job. My second interview isn't until Jan 3, but keeping my fingers crossed that it will go well.

Good luck buddy

Best of luck to you,

I have started dropping off résumés for positions that will put me under employed, market is dry in my area for positions I am qualified for.

What's your specialty. I'm currently in the job hunt in tri-cities, if I see something I'll let you know.

Good Luck, sigbrown, from someone who has been looking for 2 1/2 months now.

I hope this next year isn't as brutal as 2007. Finished up a contract in Feb, looked for four months, worked for three, looked for two more, then worked one. Took all of 2008 to catch back up.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mustangdave

I'm right there with you SIGBROWN...been on the job trail since NOV 25th...had a real positive day today with 3 good contacts...I know something will POP soon.

I'm right there with you SIGBROWN...been on the job trail since NOV 25th...had a real positive day today with 3 good contacts...I know something will POP soon.

Good luck to you too. The journey can definitely get discouraging, but Im trying to stay positive.

Guest mustangdave
Good luck to you too. The journey can definitely get discouraging, but Im trying to stay positive.

I know what you mean....I do have a few positive leads...went to the VETS Job Fair back in Dec...hooked up with a recruiter from WISER Co out in Murfreesboro, they're similar to Blackwater and other Gov't contractors...provide Security "services"...intelligence...logistics...analysis...etc. The guy suggested that I "flesh out" my resume with "special attention" paid to my 20 years in the Navy...not getting my hopes up, but I wish the HR bubba would return my calls. Needless to say a casual look at their website was interesting. STAY POSITIVE...thats my mantra...

Guest mustangdave

I also applied directly with BARRETT for a position as a Customer Service Rep...I have no shame...I loves me a 50 cal....and a job there would be sweet.