BLACKWATER to Xe....now ACADEMI...no more Prince...

I know for a fact in the beginning, don't know now. But when I worked in contracting it was more than $200.00 a month that was stated some PMC Contractors were making.

In the beginning I couldn't believe what they were paying Iraqis that lived in America to go as translators before the war started. We processed them through Ft Benning. Most I am speaking of was 2003/4. So I don't know about recent times.

But the contracts were massive to the companies that were awarded them at the start. With permanent establishment

and time most contracts come down in price in any situation.

Cat IIIs were still making a killing in 2010. The $200 a month he was referring to were TCNs from Uganda and other countries. I don't know how much they were making near the end, but they sure had some squared away leadership. I'm not sure if that was cultural or if SOC just ran that tight of a ship, but the Ugandas took their role pretty seriously. I imagine working with them was a helluva lot easier than training Iraqis.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are huge advantages to using people from other countries. First is they have no family ties locally that the bad guys can use to exort the worker. They are less likely to a member of the bad guys in the first place. And if they don't speak the language the bad guys can't approach them with offers or at least not easily.

Our Afghan terps made $1,100 a month. The Afghan security guards we used made $300-$450 a month depending on rank/position. Our Afghan combat forces made between the two. I know they got upset that the terps were making more than them.

Dolomite

I have to defer to you for recent times.

I know for a fact in the beginning, don't know now. But when I worked closely with contracting it was more than $200.00 a month that was stated some PMC Contractors were making. Even the security guards were at $450.

Doesn't seem like much to put your life on the line.

In the beginning I couldn't believe what they were paying Iraqis that lived in America to go as translators before the war started. We processed them through Ft Benning. Most I am speaking of was 2003/4. So I don't know about recent times.

But the contracts were massive to the companies that were awarded them at the start. With permanent establishment

and time most contracts come down in price in any situation. Hell, when we left even what we were doing was turned over to a civilian contractor.

Crap, I went back and read your post and realized I read it wrong.... I thought you said 1 grand a day. Yeah, I'm sure they get paid a little bit more now but not for certain. Sorry for the mistake.