60grain Aguila SSS through an AR

graycrait

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 556or762

I have tried the 60gn SSS (sniper Super Subsonic) thru all my .22's and conversions both with and without a suppressor, with a can it is great because it is quiet without a can its still neat because of the downrange energy. I have not had it function a semi auto reliably I might get a few shots off then I have to manually cylce the action, thru a bolt gun it works ok. I only have one issue and that is the shortened trajectory it drops like a freakin rock I have to use my 200yd data to get it to 100yds, within 50yds its pretty close to the 40gn stuff but past that it starts dropping fast. I can actually feel more recoil thru a bolt gun with it I am sure its due to the added bullet weight, I have not had it keyhole thru a paper target yet even out to 100 yds thru my bolt guns. I know several people say it wobbles an keyholes pretty bad but from what I have seen it may work great for a small game hunting round inside 100yds, it is very quiet with a suppressor so they wont hear the shot, it will tumble on impact and that is something most bullet gurus strive for to get a catastrophic wound channel. I give it an 8 out of 10 again my only real issue with it is the trajectory it just drops off so fast, if it were 50 fps faster it would be my go to round for a hush hush varmint getter.:)

I've shot quit a bit out of it out of various .22s but just wanted to get a feel for what other AR shooters may have seen out of the 1:9 AR barrel seeing that a .22LR is something like .002" difference in diameter vs 5.56. I have a Tactical Innovations 10/22 1:9 barrel as a control vs the AR, just haven't been able to get to a range since acquiring both.