Door to Door Preparedness Checks in Davidson County?

Kenstaroni

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The worry seems just odd to me, Somepeople will go online and tell people theve never met their survival preparedness, but wont tell an agency whos purpose is to assist in emergancy preparedness. Lets be real here whats the cost benifit analysis on taking your emergancy rations vs taking everything off the walmart shelf or bringing in some of the wearhouses full of MRE's that are out there.

The worry seems just odd to me, Somepeople will go online and tell people theve never met their survival preparedness, but wont tell an agency whos purpose is to assist in emergancy preparedness.

So anonymity vs someone at your front door aren't vastly different situations to you?

Lets be real here whats the cost benifit analysis on taking your emergancy rations vs taking everything off the walmart shelf or bringing in some of the wearhouses full of MRE's that are out there.

I have no idea what you're asking / saying here.

Are you suggesting it's 'cheaper' to rely on the government in a time of need than it is to be self sufficient?

I have no idea what you're asking / saying here.

Are you suggesting it's 'cheaper' to rely on the government in a time of need than it is to be self sufficient?

I think he saying the cost analysis from the gov side. It would be easier for the government to raid walmart or their own stock of mre's that would feed hundreds to thousands than it would for the government to take your stuff that might only be enough for one block.

My response would be: "Uhh, we have a few days worth of food in the pantry, isn't that good enough?"

When can I schedule my "Preparedness Check" of the nearest FEMA warehouse? Isn't the gummin gonna take care of me in a disaster?

I think he saying the cost analysis from the gov side. It would be easier for the government to raid walmart or their own stock of mre's that would feed hundreds to thousands than it would for the government to take your stuff that might only be enough for one block.

Perhaps, but there's a reason this was created: Millennium Ark: Executive Order 12919

Do I think this is part of some sort of sinister plot to steal preps from those who are prepared? No, not really.

Does that mean I think it's a good idea to tell the government what you have in your preps? Absolutely not.

Whens the last time you've seen any gov. agency do anything helpful or worth a sh**

On the 1st of the month when they gave me my pay check :)

And yes i think the door to door may be a bit much the purpose could be served fine by an anonomys survey. But without asking people how much food they have stored up could you tell me how much food your city would need if it was cut off for a week or a month.

Edited by c.a.willard
But without asking people how much food they have stored up could you tell me how much food your city would need if it was cut off for a week or a month.

That number could change in a few days or even a week or two. It's a highly fluid quantity, so by the time the several weeks are up that it took them to perform their 'survey', the results would, not could, be quite different.

I agree thats its a highly fluid number especially when you get down to specific numbers, but it at least establishes a base line. All im saying is that there is no real benifit for the government to show up and try and take an individuals food stores. I just dont see it as a realistic fear. There are however legitimate reasons for them to ask that information. If anyone wishes to not take part in the survey id think a simple and polite "i dont wish to participate in your survey have a nice day" would do. The people comming to your door are still people and are deserving of at least some common courtesy without paranoia and disrespect.