Door to Door Preparedness Checks in Davidson County?

Kenstaroni

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a kid after dark last nite "9 ish" knock a door he said something about finishing deiveries. My 2 great danes and I with my handgun in front pocket went to door . I don't open my front door for anybody after dark. People that know us use back door. I just said No ! No ! No ! and he left. Probably one of those meat delivery things. I'n my opinion door to door anything is a thing of the past . Uh maybe girl scout cookies will work.

My point of playing dumb is this - I'd rather blend in than draw attention to myself. Sure, I'd rather go off on them, blow them off, whatever, but if things go south, blending in will be more valuable than your preps.

They would have a hart time getting onto my porch to even ask me.

Anyway.. its none of their business how much food we have in the house..

Unless they have a warrant.. they can pound sand

This. The federal government is the last place I'm going to look for advice on...well, anything. So they don't need to know what I might or might not have.

This. The federal government is the last place I'm going to look for advice on...well, anything. So they don't need to know what I might or might not have.

I agree to a point. This really is about them trying to handle disasters better in the future. It's still the government, and they're always gonna suck at what they do. Still, with a Katrina sized event, they're the only ones that can step in. Not suggesting you cooperate. Just suggesting that their motivation may not be as scary as it looks.

Would more people be receptive if it was the Red Cross?

I do not feel it is there business I do not think I would be rude per say but they would not get details.

"We will befine without any outside assistance thank you"

Hello, I'm here from the government and I'm here to help! Yea, right!

Do you want to be a government dependent, let them into your personal lifestyle, let them know what you have, make decisions for you? Welcome to the world of where we're at today.

I can't stress enough that the "government" does NOT have your best interests at heart. I could write a doctorial thesis on governmental abuse, but, suffice it to say, drink the kool-aid and surrender...

That about the same as them asking us how many weapons we have..or when we had sex the last time.. or when we last flushed the toilet... its none of their business..

Where does it stop?

I dont care about blending in. .I am not hiding anything but my pantry is my damn business.. if they need to have a better prepardess plan and see how we can survive in a disaster time.. average a household with 3 kids per city, per county per state.. then stock up on enough to feed them all ..Why does the FEMA Director make so much if he /she cant even figure that out?

And I thought some of the reason there was a sensus to know how many people live in a county

I agree to a point. This really is about them trying to handle disasters better in the future. It's still the government, and they're always gonna suck at what they do. Still, with a Katrina sized event, they're the only ones that can step in. Not suggesting you cooperate. Just suggesting that their motivation may not be as scary as it looks.

Actually I don't really question their motives. I'm sure they think they're trying to help. But I really have a problem coming up with a scenario where there is a disaster and the federal government knowing what I have in the form of rations/provisions would help me.

I think its really all about where to allocate funding. FEMA has a limited budget like everyone else and some of that budget should be allocated to emergancy rations, but to do that you need to realize how many rations you need and when you need them. IE do i need to bring in food by day three or do most people have enough to get them through till day seven. I think the intention behind this was not at all sinister, but then again you know what they say about the road to hell.